Re: [hr100] Course marking yesterday - Kroger's to Governor's

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2012
      Just saw two huge truckloads of sheep going up- probably up to green mtn.

      Sent from my iPod

      On Jul 8, 2012, at 9:41 AM, Steve Pero <ultrastevep@...> wrote:

      > https://picasaweb.google.com/115735202507108304958/HardrockCourseMarkingKrogerSCanteenToGovernorS
      >
      > Good day yesterday. We parked at Governor's aid station location and hiked
      > up to Kroger's Canteen (formerly Virginius).
      > Weather was cloudy with rain and hail on the way back down. I carried the
      > flags up and marked on the way back down so I could see the course as I'd
      > be running it and where I felt flags need to be seen. It is marked a little
      > light because most of us are in daylight still, but I placed the flags such
      > that you will find your way down without over-marking. There were 12 in our
      > group with Rick Trujillo driving up to the Virginius mine location and
      > giving us a great history lesson of the area.
      >
      > We ended the day with a soak in the ouray hot springs and some good food at
      > Buen Tiempo Mexican restaurant. Today is a rest day.
      >
      > Steve

    • azsmokin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2012
        Howdy Steve,

        Thanks for the pics !

        Bob

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8, 2012
          Thanks Steve,

          I have fond memories marking that section with you 2 years ago, can't
          believe how dry it looks now.

          With you guys in spirit, have a great week and race!

          Phil. (Sydney, Australia)

          On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:08 AM, azsmokin <azsmokin@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Howdy Steve,
          >
          > Thanks for the pics !
          >
          > Bob

        • ultra_plodder
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 9, 2012
            If anyone is in need of a rental property, especially given the Ouray road closure, I underatand that:

            Nicole Bellman
            970-387-0133
            Silverton Property Management
            P.O.Box 478
            Silverton, CO 81433
            www.silvertonpropertymanagement.com

            has a couple of places that just became available including a large home on Snowden that sleeps at least 13.

            Cheers.