Course marking yesterday - Kroger's to Governor's

  • Steve Pero
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2012
      https://picasaweb.google.com/115735202507108304958/HardrockCourseMarkingKrogerSCanteenToGovernorS

      Good day yesterday. We parked at Governor's aid station location and hiked
      up to Kroger's Canteen (formerly Virginius).
      Weather was cloudy with rain and hail on the way back down. I carried the
      flags up and marked on the way back down so I could see the course as I'd
      be running it and where I felt flags need to be seen. It is marked a little
      light because most of us are in daylight still, but I placed the flags such
      that you will find your way down without over-marking. There were 12 in our
      group with Rick Trujillo driving up to the Virginius mine location and
      giving us a great history lesson of the area.

      We ended the day with a soak in the ouray hot springs and some good food at
      Buen Tiempo Mexican restaurant. Today is a rest day.

      Steve

    • Deb
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2012
        Just saw two huge truckloads of sheep going up- probably up to green mtn.

        Sent from my iPod

        On Jul 8, 2012, at 9:41 AM, Steve Pero <ultrastevep@...> wrote:

        > https://picasaweb.google.com/115735202507108304958/HardrockCourseMarkingKrogerSCanteenToGovernorS
        >
        > Good day yesterday. We parked at Governor's aid station location and hiked
        > up to Kroger's Canteen (formerly Virginius).
        > Weather was cloudy with rain and hail on the way back down. I carried the
        > flags up and marked on the way back down so I could see the course as I'd
        > be running it and where I felt flags need to be seen. It is marked a little
        > light because most of us are in daylight still, but I placed the flags such
        > that you will find your way down without over-marking. There were 12 in our
        > group with Rick Trujillo driving up to the Virginius mine location and
        > giving us a great history lesson of the area.
        >
        > We ended the day with a soak in the ouray hot springs and some good food at
        > Buen Tiempo Mexican restaurant. Today is a rest day.
        >
        > Steve

      • azsmokin
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8, 2012
          Howdy Steve,

          Thanks for the pics !

          Bob

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 8, 2012
            Thanks Steve,

            I have fond memories marking that section with you 2 years ago, can't
            believe how dry it looks now.

            With you guys in spirit, have a great week and race!

            Phil. (Sydney, Australia)

            On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:08 AM, azsmokin <azsmokin@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Howdy Steve,
            >
            > Thanks for the pics !
            >
            > Bob

          • ultra_plodder
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 9, 2012
              If anyone is in need of a rental property, especially given the Ouray road closure, I underatand that:

              Nicole Bellman
              970-387-0133
              Silverton Property Management
              P.O.Box 478
              Silverton, CO 81433
              www.silvertonpropertymanagement.com

              has a couple of places that just became available including a large home on Snowden that sleeps at least 13.

              Cheers.