Sunday "Church of the Holy Trail" run in Silverton, anyone?

  • Fred Ecks
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2012
      Hey all,

      As the Boulder Trail Runners are all too familiar, a group of us have a
      faithful habit of getting out on Sundays for a romp together on various
      trails, often going all day...

      Well, it happens that some of us find ourselves in Silverton this
      weekend. Anyone wanna go play? How about a cruise together in some
      territory mostly not on the Hardrock course? The scenery is absolutely
      every bit as stunning, yet it's an area many Hardrockers never see!

      Here's what I have in mind: Depart the Avalanche coffeehouse at 8:00
      AM. Head up the shoulder of Kendall Mountain, but instead of going up,
      continue south into Deer Park. Boogie over a lovely pass and descend
      into Highland Mary Lakes and down into Cunningham. Then join the
      Hardrock course to head up over Dives / Little Giant and down into
      Silverton.

      I did this loop once before, years ago. No, I don't remember the total
      distance (maybe a marathon or so?). I'd give a wild guess of 6000'
      elevation gain.

      As always, our pace will be very mellow, and no one will be dropped.
      We'll chat the day away, solve all the world's problems, and offer
      relationship advice free of charge. Heck, we may even pet a marmot or
      two. :-)

      Wanna come play? Please RSVP so I know to expect you.

      Love and happiness,

      - Fred (not in Hardrock, just here for fun)
    • Andy Hewat
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2012
        Now that's just getting downright cruel Fred! If it isn't bad enough sitting at home and missing the trail marking, missing the 4th parade, missing the looong briefing, missing the pot-lick, oh yeah, and missing Hardrock, but now I've got to miss out on your free relationship advice AND petting marmots! Dang.
        Enjoy all,Andy (Not in Hardrock, not there and not having fun but living vicariously through Steve's pics)

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2012
          Andy,
          Don't forget . . . you are missing my amazing massage as well.  :)
          Hope you are well!  Will definitely miss you this year!

          Megan Finnesy, RD
          Golden Gate
          Dirty Thirty
          www.goldengatedirtythirty.org