Re: [hr100] Re: Changes to the Hardrock qualifications and lottery for 2013

  • Olga King
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 2, 2012
      Hi, all

      First of, let me say that I am thrilled for the rules change and a hope of
      the better lottery for all involved with that. Well done! Also, thank you
      so much goes to the board of Hardrock for all the work put into making it
      happen.

      Having said that, my only concern is that the change of rules came out in
      the summer rather than beginning of the year. For example, making Hardrock
      finish a qualifier only as a 3-year rule (full applause) is great and
      legit, but as some of us had already picked (and run) a 100 for this
      season, it cut off an opportunity to make that new cut of having a
      qualifying 100 done (due to various time and financial obligations, making
      2 100's a year may not be an option at such a late notice). Had I known my
      finish in 2009 is not going to make a cut, I potentially could have chosen
      a different 100 to run this year.

      But overall, the rule change is great, and the race will see fantastic many
      years in the future of so many folks loving it and joining the family as I
      did.

      Here is for another wonderful run, good luck everybody running and helping
      out, I'll be following you online.

      Olga, class of 2007 (getting acquainted), 2008 )marking the course/pacing),
      2009 (marking the course/finish), 2011 (marking the course/sweeping).