RE: [hr100] Hardrock Maps

  • reno_debra@emc.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 19 9:20 AM
      Hi Charlie,
      I would definitely appreciate a marked map if possible, Thanks,
      deb reno

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 19 10:46 AM
        Hello Deb and others,

        I may have sent an unintended message that there were not going to be
        enough maps for everyone, or we have some other reluctance to provide
        marked maps, or else you had to specifically request a map to get one.
        That is not the case. Last year, a FEW runners told me that they already
        knew the course and/or had enough Hardrock maps so that it would be ok for
        them to not get a marked map or any map. I'm just trying to remember who
        told me.

        So, as in previous years, you will get a marked map unless you specifically
        tell me that you do not want to get one. We have plenty of maps and plenty
        will be marked. We plan to mail out the runners manual with marked map in
        mid April.

        By the way, Bill Drake reprinted the map last year and has made many
        corrections that really improve the quality of the sections that the
        Hardrock runs over.

        I hope to see everyone up in the Mountains in July, map in hand.

        Charlie Thorn

        PS, Tyler Curiel has asked me to mark all finishers' mandatory victory lap
        in the CORRECT direction on the map this year. After a few, mostly very
        minor details are worked out, I hope to be able to mark this important
        feature of the Hardrock in an acceptible way.

      • GRoachHigh@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 27 7:15 PM
          Hi Charlie

          I am getting this email a little late but thought I might as well reply.
          anyway. Yes, i would want a marked map. I carried one in a Baggie 101 miles
          last year and never referred to it but i do think it is a good idea,
          nonetheless.

          I would have replied sooner but Gerry

          and I just returned from an 11-day desert peak climbing trip in Southern
          Calif and one in Mexico. it was not exactly HR100 training but a passion for
          us that we share. You should try it sometime!

          Thanks.

          Jennifer Roach
        • Charles T. Thorn
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 28 6:32 AM
            Jennifer

            Thanks for the note. Your trip to the desert sounds like fun. I
            personally love the desert, having spend most of my backpacking youth in
            the hot country, particularly 13 months in the Grand Canyon in summer. The
            mountains are grand but the desert is sublime.

            You will get a map, don't worry. The only way you would not get one would
            be to make that request.

            I'm going up to Silverton in about 10 days to check out the snow and hills.
            I'll see you in the hills in July.

            Charlie