Re: [hr100] Hardrock Maps

  • GEH@crosslinkinc.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 19, 2001
      I do not need a map.

      Gordon

      "Charles T. Thorn" wrote:

      Hello All,

      I'm currently marking the 2001 Hardrock course maps.  Last year some folks
      said they didn't want a marked map.  So, let me know if you do not want and
      marked map but would prefer to get a clean map or no map at all.

      Thanks much,

      Charlie Thorn

    • reno_debra@emc.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 19, 2001
        Hi Charlie,
        I would definitely appreciate a marked map if possible, Thanks,
        deb reno

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 19, 2001
          Hello Deb and others,

          I may have sent an unintended message that there were not going to be
          enough maps for everyone, or we have some other reluctance to provide
          marked maps, or else you had to specifically request a map to get one.
          That is not the case. Last year, a FEW runners told me that they already
          knew the course and/or had enough Hardrock maps so that it would be ok for
          them to not get a marked map or any map. I'm just trying to remember who
          told me.

          So, as in previous years, you will get a marked map unless you specifically
          tell me that you do not want to get one. We have plenty of maps and plenty
          will be marked. We plan to mail out the runners manual with marked map in
          mid April.

          By the way, Bill Drake reprinted the map last year and has made many
          corrections that really improve the quality of the sections that the
          Hardrock runs over.

          I hope to see everyone up in the Mountains in July, map in hand.

          Charlie Thorn

          PS, Tyler Curiel has asked me to mark all finishers' mandatory victory lap
          in the CORRECT direction on the map this year. After a few, mostly very
          minor details are worked out, I hope to be able to mark this important
          feature of the Hardrock in an acceptible way.

        • GRoachHigh@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 27, 2001
            Hi Charlie

            I am getting this email a little late but thought I might as well reply.
            anyway. Yes, i would want a marked map. I carried one in a Baggie 101 miles
            last year and never referred to it but i do think it is a good idea,
            nonetheless.

            I would have replied sooner but Gerry

            and I just returned from an 11-day desert peak climbing trip in Southern
            Calif and one in Mexico. it was not exactly HR100 training but a passion for
            us that we share. You should try it sometime!

            Thanks.

            Jennifer Roach
          • Charles T. Thorn
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 28, 2001
              Jennifer

              Thanks for the note. Your trip to the desert sounds like fun. I
              personally love the desert, having spend most of my backpacking youth in
              the hot country, particularly 13 months in the Grand Canyon in summer. The
              mountains are grand but the desert is sublime.

              You will get a map, don't worry. The only way you would not get one would
              be to make that request.

              I'm going up to Silverton in about 10 days to check out the snow and hills.
              I'll see you in the hills in July.

              Charlie