Re: [hr100] Hardrock Maps

  • Charles T. Thorn
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 19, 2001
      Jeff,

      Thanks for the offer, but I don't think there is anything to be done long
      distance. Hardrock stuff is moving along well. I've got most of the maps
      marked and will have the runners manual in shape for mailout in mid April.
      And, it's been snowing in the high country.

      I'll see you up there this summer.

      Charlie

    • GEH@crosslinkinc.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 19, 2001
        I do not need a map.

        Gordon

      • reno_debra@emc.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 19, 2001
          Hi Charlie,
          I would definitely appreciate a marked map if possible, Thanks,
          deb reno

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 19, 2001
            Hello Deb and others,

            I may have sent an unintended message that there were not going to be
            enough maps for everyone, or we have some other reluctance to provide
            marked maps, or else you had to specifically request a map to get one.
            That is not the case. Last year, a FEW runners told me that they already
            knew the course and/or had enough Hardrock maps so that it would be ok for
            them to not get a marked map or any map. I'm just trying to remember who
            told me.

            So, as in previous years, you will get a marked map unless you specifically
            tell me that you do not want to get one. We have plenty of maps and plenty
            will be marked. We plan to mail out the runners manual with marked map in
            mid April.

            By the way, Bill Drake reprinted the map last year and has made many
            corrections that really improve the quality of the sections that the
            Hardrock runs over.

            I hope to see everyone up in the Mountains in July, map in hand.

            Charlie Thorn

            PS, Tyler Curiel has asked me to mark all finishers' mandatory victory lap
            in the CORRECT direction on the map this year. After a few, mostly very
            minor details are worked out, I hope to be able to mark this important
            feature of the Hardrock in an acceptible way.

          • GRoachHigh@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 27, 2001
              Hi Charlie

              I am getting this email a little late but thought I might as well reply.
              anyway. Yes, i would want a marked map. I carried one in a Baggie 101 miles
              last year and never referred to it but i do think it is a good idea,
              nonetheless.

              I would have replied sooner but Gerry

              and I just returned from an 11-day desert peak climbing trip in Southern
              Calif and one in Mexico. it was not exactly HR100 training but a passion for
              us that we share. You should try it sometime!

              Thanks.

              Jennifer Roach
            • Charles T. Thorn
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 28, 2001
                Jennifer

                Thanks for the note. Your trip to the desert sounds like fun. I
                personally love the desert, having spend most of my backpacking youth in
                the hot country, particularly 13 months in the Grand Canyon in summer. The
                mountains are grand but the desert is sublime.

                You will get a map, don't worry. The only way you would not get one would
                be to make that request.

                I'm going up to Silverton in about 10 days to check out the snow and hills.
                I'll see you in the hills in July.

                Charlie