Re: Hardrock100 2012

  • thebeave7
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 19, 2012
      Matt,
      Hardrock is truly an amazing event. First, note that I am not part of the race organization/committee, but a runner (also currently on the waitlist). My two cents would be that it is very unlikely you'll be able to get on the waitlist at this late a date. One because all the deadlines for entry/qualification etc have passed, and two there were several hundred runners who have already been denied and NOT placed on the waitlist. Meaning you'd be jumping ahead of hundreds of people who went through the full qualification and entry process, but didn't get a spot.
      Obviously its up to the race organizers, but that is just my thought. Out of fairness to everyone else you probably won't get in, but join us for the lottery fun this December, and hope for the best in 2013 (I know I am).

      Eric Lee

      --- In hr100@yahoogroups.com, Matt Cooper <busta.boy@...> wrote:

      > G'day Team Hardrock,
      >
      > Getting close to time now I know... Just a question out of left field... I know this event has a huge following and waiting list for many dedicated and passionate trail runners... I also know I have well and truly missed the cut off for entry, but... Is there any chance of being accepted on the wait list at this late stage?
      >
      > I am from Sydney Australia and part of the Salomon Australia Team for Ultra trail.
      >
      > I would love to hear any feedback. And please don't take this message disrespectfully. I truly respect the culture and history of this race, I was just not so organised in race planning this year.
      >
      > Kindest regards,
      >
      > Matt Cooper
      > E. busta.boy@...
      > W. www.mattcooper.com.au
      >
      > Matt Cooper - Present Energy

    • Matt Cooper
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 20, 2012
        Thank you to the many responses I received in regards to this years Hardrock wait list - they are all very much appreciated. My understanding of the process is far better now and I will definitely join the many other ultra runners throwing their name in the hat come December.

        My best wishes to all the starters this year and to those awaiting an exciting call up. I look forward to this course at some stage. And a quick end note... if any of you guys are planning to visit Oz, drop me a line for any info on some of the great trail ultra's we have here... See real kangaroo's, run from wild koala's, eat shrimp of the barby at a checkpoint! It would be my pleasure.

        Ps. Although not mountainous... we do have a couple 100 milers that include over 45,000ft elevation change.

        Thanks again,

        Kindest regards,

        Matt Coops
        E. busta.boy@...
        W. www.mattcooper.com.au
      • Lois MacKenzie
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 20, 2012
          Matt, if you are here in the States you might want to come volunteer this year. If so let one of us listed on the web site know...

          Keep in Touch,
          LMac

[...]

          E. mailto:busta.boy%40hotmail.com
          W. http://www.mattcooper.com.au/

        • Matt Cooper
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 24, 2012
            G'day Lmac...

            I am not in the states... Was just going to make the trip for race. And not that I wouldn't love to get out there with such an amazing group of people, so important to the race, but I hope you can understand it would be a significant cost involved.

            With the release of the new lottery process I can only give it a go hey. Maybe then a chance to get over pre run to do some trail work.

            Thanks again for all the great help and info.

            Matt Coops