Other Silverton Running Events

  • Jamil Coury
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2012
      Greetings Hardrockers,

      Having Dale's permission, I'm sending out some information on other running
      events coming up this summer in Silverton. Over the past few years I have
      assisted Rodger Wrublik in organizing the Blue Ribbon 5/10K on July 4th,
      Kendall Mountain Run, the resurrection of the Silverton Alpine Marathon and
      his dream race, the Silverton 1000 Multiday. Rodger asked me to take over
      the direction of the Kendall Mountain Run and Silverton Alpine Marathon
      this past summer to relieve some of his workload which I accepted. To
      promote these two events along with a new run on the same 1 mile loop
      around the Kendall Mountain Recreation Area used in the Silverton 1000
      event, I've launched a webpage www.silvertonalpinerunning.com with
      information about these events and Silverton running in general. The site
      currently has updated information on the three events we will be organizing
      in Silverton this summer, but I hope to include other general information
      about running in Silverton. Let me know if you have any feedback on what
      you would like to see there!

      I'd like to invite you to take a look at these events if you are looking to
      spend more time in Silverton this summer or experience some of the other
      runs that take place there. All of these runs have a very family / small
      town type feel, and I hope we'll see you out at one of them this summer.
      Here is our schedule:

      Silverton 6/12/24 Hour - June 30, 2012 (Kendall Mountain Recreation
      Area)<http://www.silvertonalpinerunning.com/events/silverton-61224-hour-mountain-run/>
      Inaugural event on a 1 mile loop with 250 feet of gain each loop

      Kendall Mountain Run & Marathon - July 21,
      2012<http://www.silvertonalpinerunning.com/events/kendall-mountain-run/>

      38th Annual run to the top of Kendall Mountain and back to town. Kendall
      Mountain Marathon ascends twice!

      Silverton Alpine Marathon & 50K - August 25, 2012 (Alpine Loop Jeep
      Roads)<http://www.silvertonalpinerunning.com/events/silverton-alpine-marathon-50k/>
      Classic alpine loop to the top of California Pass (12,960 ft) past historic
      mining towns of Howardsville, Eureka, Animas Forks, & Gladstone.

      On a more personal note, if anyone is up in Silverton at all between June
      and September, reach out to me if you are looking for a running partner! I
      will be living in Silverton most of the summer and would enjoy the company!
      I will be posting photos and info on everything having to do with
      Silverton and running on our Facebook page too:
      http://www.facebook.com/SilvertonAlpineRunning

      Jamil Coury
      (still holding out hope of being pulled off the waitlist!)

    • Leah Fein
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30, 2012
        Jamil, I think we've met a few times - I'm friends with Dakota, did the SAM 50k last year, have been befriended by Jeff Jones. I'll be up in Silverton every Fri-Sun until Hardrock training for my first go at it. I live in Durango, so let me know if there is anything you need from the big city - I know it's hard to get many things up there! I've talked with Dakota a few times since he came back to CO and it sounds like he might be crashing with you in Charlie's house. Although I seriously doubt I could keep up with you or Dakota it would be wonderful to start a run or hang out with you fast boys. Thank you for taking on RD'ing all of those great races - let me know if I can help in any way. See you up in Silverton.

        aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

        Leah Fein
        970-903-5638
        659 E 32nd ST
        Durango, CO 81301
        leahsfein@...

      • Leah Fein
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30, 2012
          Sorry folks, didn't see that I was replying to everyone! I should be banned from the interweb! Non-the-less I'll be up in Silverton if anyone wants to recon the course or go for a high altitude hike/jog. Leah,_._,___