Hardrock Maps

  • Charles T. Thorn
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 16, 2001
      Hello All,

      I'm currently marking the 2001 Hardrock course maps. Last year some folks
      said they didn't want a marked map. So, let me know if you do not want and
      marked map but would prefer to get a clean map or no map at all.

      Thanks much,

      Charlie Thorn
    • Curiel, Tyler
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 16, 2001
        Charlie, Please also be sure to mark the course around the gym for those
        that may be doing an extra loop after the awards ceremony. By the way, is
        the gym loop in the same direction as the race? /Tyler Curiel
      • Jeff Collins
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 17, 2001
          Charlie,

          I am interested in receiving a marked-up map.
          Wish I could help you - it must be a very time
          consuming effort - wish we all appreciate.

          If there is something I can do to help - long
          distance from California - let me know.

          Thanks,
          Jeff Collins

          --- "Charles T. Thorn" <thorn@...> wrote:
          > Hello All,
          >
          > I'm currently marking the 2001 Hardrock course
          > maps. Last year some folks
          > said they didn't want a marked map. So, let me
          > know if you do not want and
          > marked map but would prefer to get a clean map
          > or no map at all.
          >
          > Thanks much,
          >
          > Charlie Thorn

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • Charles T. Thorn
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 19, 2001
            Jeff,

            Thanks for the offer, but I don't think there is anything to be done long
            distance. Hardrock stuff is moving along well. I've got most of the maps
            marked and will have the runners manual in shape for mailout in mid April.
            And, it's been snowing in the high country.

            I'll see you up there this summer.

            Charlie

          • GEH@crosslinkinc.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 19, 2001
              I do not need a map.

              Gordon

            • reno_debra@emc.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 19, 2001
                Hi Charlie,
                I would definitely appreciate a marked map if possible, Thanks,
                deb reno

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 19, 2001
                  Hello Deb and others,

                  I may have sent an unintended message that there were not going to be
                  enough maps for everyone, or we have some other reluctance to provide
                  marked maps, or else you had to specifically request a map to get one.
                  That is not the case. Last year, a FEW runners told me that they already
                  knew the course and/or had enough Hardrock maps so that it would be ok for
                  them to not get a marked map or any map. I'm just trying to remember who
                  told me.

                  So, as in previous years, you will get a marked map unless you specifically
                  tell me that you do not want to get one. We have plenty of maps and plenty
                  will be marked. We plan to mail out the runners manual with marked map in
                  mid April.

                  By the way, Bill Drake reprinted the map last year and has made many
                  corrections that really improve the quality of the sections that the
                  Hardrock runs over.

                  I hope to see everyone up in the Mountains in July, map in hand.

                  Charlie Thorn

                  PS, Tyler Curiel has asked me to mark all finishers' mandatory victory lap
                  in the CORRECT direction on the map this year. After a few, mostly very
                  minor details are worked out, I hope to be able to mark this important
                  feature of the Hardrock in an acceptible way.

                • GRoachHigh@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 27, 2001
                    Hi Charlie

                    I am getting this email a little late but thought I might as well reply.
                    anyway. Yes, i would want a marked map. I carried one in a Baggie 101 miles
                    last year and never referred to it but i do think it is a good idea,
                    nonetheless.

                    I would have replied sooner but Gerry

                    and I just returned from an 11-day desert peak climbing trip in Southern
                    Calif and one in Mexico. it was not exactly HR100 training but a passion for
                    us that we share. You should try it sometime!

                    Thanks.

                    Jennifer Roach
                  • Charles T. Thorn
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 28, 2001
                      Jennifer

                      Thanks for the note. Your trip to the desert sounds like fun. I
                      personally love the desert, having spend most of my backpacking youth in
                      the hot country, particularly 13 months in the Grand Canyon in summer. The
                      mountains are grand but the desert is sublime.

                      You will get a map, don't worry. The only way you would not get one would
                      be to make that request.

                      I'm going up to Silverton in about 10 days to check out the snow and hills.
                      I'll see you in the hills in July.

                      Charlie