Re: [hr100] Don injured

  • Chris Twiggs
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 26 8:18 PM
      Best wishes for a swift recovery, Don.
      Bummer!

      Chris

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 26, 2012, at 3:19 PM, Don <hh3751@...> wrote:

      > Hey Hardrockers, Just wanted to let you all know I completely tore my right hamstring off the bone in a fall at 60k in the North Routt Coureur des Bois 90k cross country ski race. I wasn't being cautious enough on a downhill. I have to have surgery to re-attach it and long 4-6 month rehab. The good news is the long term prognosis for this kind of surgery is for complete recovery. I probably won't be doing Hardrock this year but will wait to drop entry until the end of May to see if recovery goes better than expected.Oh Well,Don Platt
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone

    • Andy Hewat
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 27 6:39 AM
        No. After having to withdraw last year when the AFib struck, my luck with the lottery finally broke this year so without a HR start I won't be visiting the States. I will try again next year and if I miss out again will possibly come over and run another 100 somewhere. Good luck with the surgery. If I can come back from my surgery I am sure you can from yours! You will be missed in July if you can't make it.Cheers,Andy