Re: [hr100] Don injured

  • Don
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 26 4:39 PM
      Thanks,Lewis I don't know if we've met.I have finished this race 5 times and I think I was lulled into a false sense of security. I wasn't paying enough attention to the dangers of the steep descents. Getting injured was the last thing on my mind.

      On Mar 26, 2012, at 3:32 PM, Lewis Persons <lewpersons@...> wrote:

      > That sucks. And I always feel so Safe Nordic skiing... Hope you recover well and fully, and fast.
      >
      > Lewis Persons, Marathon Real Estate
      > Keller Williams Realty Spokane
      > Office: (509) 458-4000
      > Fax: 458-4001
      > Cell: 954-9251

    • Don
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 26 6:57 PM
        Thanks,Andy Are you coming to the states this year?

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Mar 26, 2012, at 3:05 PM, Andy Hewat <hewat.andy@...> wrote:

        > Major bummer Don.Hope the recovery goes well. Andy

      • Chris Twiggs
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 26 8:18 PM
          Best wishes for a swift recovery, Don.
          Bummer!

          Chris

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Mar 26, 2012, at 3:19 PM, Don <hh3751@...> wrote:

          > Hey Hardrockers, Just wanted to let you all know I completely tore my right hamstring off the bone in a fall at 60k in the North Routt Coureur des Bois 90k cross country ski race. I wasn't being cautious enough on a downhill. I have to have surgery to re-attach it and long 4-6 month rehab. The good news is the long term prognosis for this kind of surgery is for complete recovery. I probably won't be doing Hardrock this year but will wait to drop entry until the end of May to see if recovery goes better than expected.Oh Well,Don Platt
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone

        • Andy Hewat
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 27 6:39 AM
            No. After having to withdraw last year when the AFib struck, my luck with the lottery finally broke this year so without a HR start I won't be visiting the States. I will try again next year and if I miss out again will possibly come over and run another 100 somewhere. Good luck with the surgery. If I can come back from my surgery I am sure you can from yours! You will be missed in July if you can't make it.Cheers,Andy