Re: [hr100] Don injured

  • Andy Hewat
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 26, 2012
      Major bummer Don.Hope the recovery goes well. Andy

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 26, 2012
        That sucks. And I always feel so Safe Nordic skiing... Hope you recover well and fully, and fast.

        Lewis Persons, Marathon Real Estate
        Keller Williams Realty Spokane
        Office: (509) 458-4000
        Fax: 458-4001
        Cell: 954-9251

        Hey Hardrockers, Just wanted to let you all know I completely tore my right hamstring off the bone in a fall at 60k in the North Routt Coureur des Bois 90k cross country ski race. I wasn't being cautious enough on a downhill. I have to have surgery to re-attach it and long 4-6 month rehab. The good news is the long term prognosis for this kind of surgery is for complete recovery. I probably won't be doing Hardrock this year but will wait to drop entry until the end of May to see if recovery goes better than expected.Oh Well,Don Platt

        Sent from my iPhone

      • Don
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 26, 2012
          Thanks,Lewis I don't know if we've met.I have finished this race 5 times and I think I was lulled into a false sense of security. I wasn't paying enough attention to the dangers of the steep descents. Getting injured was the last thing on my mind.

          On Mar 26, 2012, at 3:32 PM, Lewis Persons <lewpersons@...> wrote:

          > That sucks. And I always feel so Safe Nordic skiing... Hope you recover well and fully, and fast.
          >
          > Lewis Persons, Marathon Real Estate
          > Keller Williams Realty Spokane
          > Office: (509) 458-4000
          > Fax: 458-4001
          > Cell: 954-9251

        • Don
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 26, 2012
            Thanks,Andy Are you coming to the states this year?

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Mar 26, 2012, at 3:05 PM, Andy Hewat <hewat.andy@...> wrote:

            > Major bummer Don.Hope the recovery goes well. Andy

          • Chris Twiggs
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 26, 2012
              Best wishes for a swift recovery, Don.
              Bummer!

              Chris

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Mar 26, 2012, at 3:19 PM, Don <hh3751@...> wrote:

              > Hey Hardrockers, Just wanted to let you all know I completely tore my right hamstring off the bone in a fall at 60k in the North Routt Coureur des Bois 90k cross country ski race. I wasn't being cautious enough on a downhill. I have to have surgery to re-attach it and long 4-6 month rehab. The good news is the long term prognosis for this kind of surgery is for complete recovery. I probably won't be doing Hardrock this year but will wait to drop entry until the end of May to see if recovery goes better than expected.Oh Well,Don Platt
              >
              > Sent from my iPhone

            • Andy Hewat
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 27, 2012
                No. After having to withdraw last year when the AFib struck, my luck with the lottery finally broke this year so without a HR start I won't be visiting the States. I will try again next year and if I miss out again will possibly come over and run another 100 somewhere. Good luck with the surgery. If I can come back from my surgery I am sure you can from yours! You will be missed in July if you can't make it.Cheers,Andy