Re: [hr100] Camping, Dogs???

  • Stevan Pattillo
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 16 7:18 AM
      Are you referring to South Mineral? If so, Jim Fisher stays there. Which
      may say something.
      Steve Pattillo
    • Carl & Sally Yates
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 16 9:17 AM
        We camp there every year with our 2 dogs. Never saw Jim Fisher there. Does
        that mean its cheap? Sure is if you have a golden age card. Jim Ballard and
        Kathy Lang are always there and a few others. Can't get much closer to Kamm
        AS except a few free backcountry spots before and after Kamm. Don't try to
        come in on a weekend.
        For those interested, the knee is doing pretty well. I won't be limping like
        last year and hoping to run again in 2002. Carl

          >Does anyone know if dogs are allowed at either of these camping areas?
          >If not, does anyone know where someone might be able to camp with a
          >dog near Silverton?  I'm not running the race this year but am pacing
          >a friend and would like to spend some extra time before the race
          >hiking in the area and would love to bring the pooch - any advice on
          >where to stay would be greatly appreciated . . .
          >
          >Missy
          >
          >> of your budget, you can camp for free at South Mineral
          >> 3 miles east of Silverton, or Maggie Gulch by the
          >> Animas river.  There are pit toilets at both sites.

        • Mitchell Rossman
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 16 7:01 PM
            Mike:

            In my book, the climbing trip to Alaska would be worth doing rather than
            what, your third or forth time at Hardrock? If my climbing skills were not
            just above novice, and I was not in summer school at William Mitchell, I
            would want to join you. As it is, I will settle for a few snow climbs in
            Colorado in May and then try my hand at Nolan's in August.

            Take care and please report back to me the specifics of your Alaska trip. I
            want to go there someday. Thank you.

            Mitch Rossman
            Mendota Heights, MN