Re: [hr100] Spring Patagonia Catalog

  • Stevan Pattillo
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 16, 2001
      Re the U-river crossing. If the picture was taken in daylight it sure
      wasn't me.
      Steve
    • Stevan Pattillo
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 16, 2001
        Are you referring to South Mineral? If so, Jim Fisher stays there. Which
        may say something.
        Steve Pattillo
      • Carl & Sally Yates
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 16, 2001
          We camp there every year with our 2 dogs. Never saw Jim Fisher there. Does
          that mean its cheap? Sure is if you have a golden age card. Jim Ballard and
          Kathy Lang are always there and a few others. Can't get much closer to Kamm
          AS except a few free backcountry spots before and after Kamm. Don't try to
          come in on a weekend.
          For those interested, the knee is doing pretty well. I won't be limping like
          last year and hoping to run again in 2002. Carl

            >Does anyone know if dogs are allowed at either of these camping areas?
            >If not, does anyone know where someone might be able to camp with a
            >dog near Silverton?  I'm not running the race this year but am pacing
            >a friend and would like to spend some extra time before the race
            >hiking in the area and would love to bring the pooch - any advice on
            >where to stay would be greatly appreciated . . .
            >
            >Missy
            >
            >> of your budget, you can camp for free at South Mineral
            >> 3 miles east of Silverton, or Maggie Gulch by the
            >> Animas river.  There are pit toilets at both sites.

          • Mitchell Rossman
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 16, 2001
              Mike:

              In my book, the climbing trip to Alaska would be worth doing rather than
              what, your third or forth time at Hardrock? If my climbing skills were not
              just above novice, and I was not in summer school at William Mitchell, I
              would want to join you. As it is, I will settle for a few snow climbs in
              Colorado in May and then try my hand at Nolan's in August.

              Take care and please report back to me the specifics of your Alaska trip. I
              want to go there someday. Thank you.

              Mitch Rossman
              Mendota Heights, MN