Memorial Day Weekend..

  • David La Duc
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 22, 2012
      Thinking about flying out during Memorial Weekend(May 26-28) this year for a little course recon. What are the odds/possibilities of seeing much of the course during that time of year? Any feedback would be greatly welcomed.

      Thank you�David La Duc

    • bpwrlc@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 22, 2012
        There will probably still be a lot of snow on the course on Memorial Day.  But the roads are likely to be clear, so you should be able to access all of the course.  You might want snowshoes or skis for the high ground.

        - Blake

        Thinking about flying out during Memorial Weekend(May 26-28) this year for a little course recon.  What are the odds/possibilities of seeing much of the course during that time of year?  Any feedback would be greatly welcomed.

        Thank you�David La Duc

        On Feb 22, 2012, at 4:16 PM, Charles Thorn wrote:

        > Hardrockers,
        >
        > Course marking for this year will start on Saturday, June 30 and continue
        > about 8-9 days until the course is marked. The detailed schedule will be
        > in the Runner's Manual published on the Hardrock home page in April or
        > May. However, I anticipate that the schedule will be similar to that of
        > past years and you can see it in the 2011 Manual still posted to the web.
        > Of course, the schedule is subject to change so you've got to be flexible.
        >
        > There will also be a couple of days of trail work interspersed. Completing
        > both days will earn you an additional lottery ticket for 2013. The
        > detailed trail work schedule is not yet set but we usually work around the
        > weekend before the run.
        >
        > These are great opportunities to see our incredible course, enjoy the high
        > San Juan outdoors, get acclimated, meet other Hardrockers, and tell
        > outrageous lies about all things Hardrock.
        >
        > There is no need to sign up or register for course marking. You, your crew
        > and family, your friends, or anyone else is welcome for any or all the
        > fun. Just show up.
        >
        > I hope to see you up in the San Juans.
        >
        > Charlie

      • Steve Kral
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2012
          Charlie, Charlie

          What a hoot! Since you raise the topic, please do share...WHAT WAS THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS LIE YOU TOLD VOLUNTEERS ON TRAIL PROJECTS/MARKING LAST YEAR????

          Wow! Those of us who volunteer in town apparently not only miss out on tickets, but also on some top-notch prevaricating!!!

          Best regards,
          Steve

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2012
            Steve -

            Are you this crass and pompous in person or does it just seem to
            always come across that way in email?

            Just curious,
            Mike Bur
            Kensington, MD

          • Steve Pero
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2, 2012
              ...and Steve, we do not get tickets for course marking, which I've now been
              doing with Charlie for the past 10 years. Trail work, yeah...course marking
              no.

              Get a life,
              Steve

            • Brad Bishop
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 2, 2012
                Take it off list, please.

                God Bless,
                Brad

                Steve Pero <ultrastevep@...> wrote:

                >...and Steve, we do not get tickets for course marking, which I've now been
                >doing with Charlie for the past 10 years. Trail work, yeah...course marking
                >no.
                >
                >Get a life,
                >Steve
                >
                >On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Michael Bur <mjcbur@...> wrote:
                >
                >> **
                >>

                >> Steve -
                >>
                >> Are you this crass and pompous in person or does it just seem to
                >> always come across that way in email?
                >>
                >> Just curious,
                >> Mike Bur
                >> Kensington, MD
                >>

                >> On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 17:30:06 -0500 Steve Kral
                >> <bvstablemail@...> wrote:
                >> >Charlie, Charlie
                >> >
                >> >What a hoot! Since you raise the topic, please do share...WHAT WAS
                >> >THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS LIE YOU TOLD VOLUNTEERS ON TRAIL
                >> >PROJECTS/MARKING LAST YEAR????
                >> >
                >> >Wow! Those of us who volunteer in town apparently not only miss
                >> >out on tickets, but also on some top-notch prevaricating!!!
                >> >
                >> >Best regards,
                >> >Steve

              • Jean-Jacques d
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 2, 2012