Training for the race.

  • warren muldoon
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 14, 2011
      Well, it has been 10 days since the participation list came out for the 2012 Hardrock 100. The initial shock is starting to wear off. I am trying to read everything I can about this race.   Living in Southern  California. and running the A.C. 100 back in 2009 I thought I would do a lot of training in the Angle Crest mountains. The altitude  is nothing compared to HR, but it is best I can do. Any advice for training or the actual race would be appreciated.
      Warren

    • John Constan
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 14, 2011
        Vertical, vertical verical - hill repeats, hill repeats, hill repeats

        ________________________________
        Well, it has been 10 days since the participation list came out for the 2012 Hardrock 100. The initial shock is starting to wear off. I am trying to read everything I can about this race.   Living in Southern  California. and running the A.C. 100 back in 2009 I thought I would do a lot of training in the Angle Crest mountains. The altitude  is nothing compared to HR, but it is best I can do. Any advice for training or the actual race would be appreciated.
        Warren

      • Kquandt
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 14, 2011
          Run as much down hill as you can. The up will come but train for the downs.

          On Dec 14, 2011, at 8:40 AM, John Constan <johnconstan@...> wrote:

          > Vertical, vertical verical - hill repeats, hill repeats, hill repeats
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Joe Lea
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 14, 2011
            I found that it was very helpful to come out and see the course. Probably
            best if you can do that before you need to start tapering, but not so far
            in advance that snow/ice prevents you from getting up to the upper
            elevations.

            joe lea
            chapel hill, nc

            On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 10:40 AM, John Constan
            <johnconstan@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Vertical, vertical verical - hill repeats, hill repeats, hill repeats

          • Ward, Kenneth (Corvallis)
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 14, 2011
              Practice walking fast uphill, don't bother about running uphills.