Re: [hr100] Still in shock!

  • Garett Graubins
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
      In my three Hardrock "runs", I've found that my enthusiasm and ecstacy tend to fade about halfway through the race. :) But, mysteriously, it returns right around the time I kiss the rock.

      Happy Training,

      - Garett (who is way down at #41 on the Wait List, but super psyched for all of the first timers who will have the chance to experience Hardrock in 2012!)

      Garett Graubins // 303-728-4387

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
        If you think you're in shock now, wait till you see Handies.

        I only hope I'm not the only first HR100 first timer! I've done other 100's and lost of endurance racing, but this will be my first HR

        ________________________________
        I have not felt this way since I signed up for my first 100. I never thought I would feel like this again, and I am grateful for this opportunity.
        See you out on the trails, soon, I'm sure.

        Happy trails!
        -Brad Koenig

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:34 PM, Chris Twiggs <Twiggsc@...> wrote:

        > Lack of sleep is good training.
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone
        >
        > On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:06 PM, warren muldoon <jacksorbetter4@...> wrote:
        >
        > > For all you that got in the lottery last Sunday, I hope you are sleeping better than I am. I wake up every night in disbelief that I won a spot in the race. Then I cant go back to sleep. Yikes!
        > > Warren

      • Ward, Kenneth (Corvallis)
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
          It’ll be dark if he’s shuffling scared and fast…

          On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:34 PM, Chris Twiggs <Twiggsc@...<mailto:Twiggsc%40aol.com>> wrote:

          > Lack of sleep is good training.
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:06 PM, warren muldoon <jacksorbetter4@...<mailto:jacksorbetter4%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
          >
          > > For all you that got in the lottery last Sunday, I hope you are sleeping better than I am. I wake up every night in disbelief that I won a spot in the race. Then I cant go back to sleep. Yikes!
          > > Warren

        • warren muldoon
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
            Wow…great response! At least I know I am not alone in the non-sleeping department. Another big day tomorrow for the Western States 100 lottery. Lets hope all that didn’t get into Hardrock gets in to Western States 100.
            Warren