Re: [hr100] Still in shock!

  • Brad Koenig
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
      I have not felt this way since I signed up for my first 100. I never thought I would feel like this again, and I am grateful for this opportunity.
      See you out on the trails, soon, I'm sure.

      Happy trails!
      -Brad Koenig

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:34 PM, Chris Twiggs <Twiggsc@...> wrote:

      > Lack of sleep is good training.
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:06 PM, warren muldoon <jacksorbetter4@...> wrote:
      >
      > > For all you that got in the lottery last Sunday, I hope you are sleeping better than I am. I wake up every night in disbelief that I won a spot in the race. Then I cant go back to sleep. Yikes!
      > > Warren

    • John Constan
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
        I only hope I'm not the only first HR100 first timer! I've done other 100's and lost of endurance racing, but this will be my first HR

        ________________________________
        I have not felt this way since I signed up for my first 100. I never thought I would feel like this again, and I am grateful for this opportunity.
        See you out on the trails, soon, I'm sure.

        Happy trails!
        -Brad Koenig

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:34 PM, Chris Twiggs <Twiggsc@...> wrote:

        > Lack of sleep is good training.
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone
        >
        > On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:06 PM, warren muldoon <jacksorbetter4@...> wrote:
        >
        > > For all you that got in the lottery last Sunday, I hope you are sleeping better than I am. I wake up every night in disbelief that I won a spot in the race. Then I cant go back to sleep. Yikes!
        > > Warren

      • Garett Graubins
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
          In my three Hardrock "runs", I've found that my enthusiasm and ecstacy tend to fade about halfway through the race. :) But, mysteriously, it returns right around the time I kiss the rock.

          Happy Training,

          - Garett (who is way down at #41 on the Wait List, but super psyched for all of the first timers who will have the chance to experience Hardrock in 2012!)

          Garett Graubins // 303-728-4387

          ________________________________

        • AJHewey@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
            If you think you're in shock now, wait till you see Handies.

            I only hope I'm not the only first HR100 first timer! I've done other 100's and lost of endurance racing, but this will be my first HR

            ________________________________
            I have not felt this way since I signed up for my first 100. I never thought I would feel like this again, and I am grateful for this opportunity.
            See you out on the trails, soon, I'm sure.

            Happy trails!
            -Brad Koenig

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:34 PM, Chris Twiggs <Twiggsc@...> wrote:

            > Lack of sleep is good training.
            >
            > Sent from my iPhone
            >
            > On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:06 PM, warren muldoon <jacksorbetter4@...> wrote:
            >
            > > For all you that got in the lottery last Sunday, I hope you are sleeping better than I am. I wake up every night in disbelief that I won a spot in the race. Then I cant go back to sleep. Yikes!
            > > Warren

          • Ward, Kenneth (Corvallis)
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
              It’ll be dark if he’s shuffling scared and fast…

              On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:34 PM, Chris Twiggs <Twiggsc@...<mailto:Twiggsc%40aol.com>> wrote:

              > Lack of sleep is good training.
              >
              > Sent from my iPhone
              >
              > On Dec 9, 2011, at 12:06 PM, warren muldoon <jacksorbetter4@...<mailto:jacksorbetter4%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
              >
              > > For all you that got in the lottery last Sunday, I hope you are sleeping better than I am. I wake up every night in disbelief that I won a spot in the race. Then I cant go back to sleep. Yikes!
              > > Warren

            • warren muldoon
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 9, 2011
                Wow…great response! At least I know I am not alone in the non-sleeping department. Another big day tomorrow for the Western States 100 lottery. Lets hope all that didn’t get into Hardrock gets in to Western States 100.
                Warren