Re: [hr100] No balls, no levy for the next year.

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 22, 2011
      Julian Jamison <julison@...> wrote:

      >3) Julien Chorier (nice name!) won the race not because his name was drawn
      >from a hat, but because he ran the fastest among all those who entered
      >according to the well-defined procedures.

      I am aware of the entry procedure. How would the results be different if the first 10 finishers put their name in a jar and we decide who gets the trophy by lottery, except that the other 9 don't get to run?

      >5) You and I have a better chance to get in to hardrock next year than
      >Kilian Jornet or Geoff Roes because we are being rewarded for having
      >participated in the past, and as an incentive system so that future entrants
      >are more likely to maintain a connection with the race over time.

      Sorry, that's BS. Some of the members of the race committee have run Hardrock 10 or more times. I know they can use any entry procedure they want, but I think it looks bad when they write the rules to favor themselves over faster runners.