Hey now...

  • Fred Ecks
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 21 2:18 PM
      Hey, I have a quick request, could anyone with suggestions for the
      Hardrock board of the directors please contact them directly? I've
      enjoyed participating in this friendly low-volume list for a number of
      years, and if it begins feeling less friendly and higher-volume, I'm
      gonna miss you folks...

      Thanks!

      - Fred
    • Klondike4@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 21 3:16 PM
        What a great title - and Ill bet you think this makes a point about someone else.

        jeff wilbur

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 21 5:31 PM
          If I heard this story just the way you tell it...I'd may be ask a question.
          Lucky for me, I heard it from the other end.

          Hopefully, I'll get to test a mascara next year...lipstick is not my thing:)

          Can we live "happily ever after"?

          Olga

          On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Steve Kral <bvstablemail@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > So....somewhere near the back of the pack in this year's Hardrock 100 Mile
          > Or Less Run, a woman strolls into an aid station early on and asks one of
          > the workers, "How does my lipstick look?" The volunteer is a bit surprised
          > by the question so the runner goes on to explain that she's out testing a
          > new 18 hour lipstick and trying to "just have fun" as a recent accident had
          > left her with an injured leg and a collapsed lung, putting a crimp in
          > training and leaving her with no expectation of completing the Hardrock 100
          > Mile Run, but taking up a spot in the field nonetheless.
          >
          > Are you waiting for the punch line? No joke. True story. Heard it from the
          > volunteer. How does it end? We can only hope that through the wonders of
          > internet communication we'll get a lipstick report. I'm certainly curious.
          > I'm sure the person who was left at the starting line as #1 on the waitlist,
          > maybe even ready and primed to run 100 miles, would love to know if being
          > denied a chance to start the Hardrock 100 Mile Or Less Run for the sake of a
          > cosmetics test was worthwhile.
          >
          > This does underscore the fact that Roger Ackerman, Hardrock's Director of
          > Corporate Sponsorship (or something thereabouts), while having done a great
          > job landing sponsors like Black Diamond, GU, The North Face, has done
          > relatively little to land the really important sponsors--Maybelline, Revlon,
          > Clairol, Gillette etc.
          >
          > Certainly Hardrock needs to supplement finisher awards with prizes for
          > runners whose makeup at finish most resembles makeup at start. For guys, I
          > think it would be great to identify a hair gel that could hold over 100
          > miles. Also, way too many guys started the race without shaving first. And
          > any guy who can't finish in under 30 hours should have to shave at an aid
          > station.
          >
          > MIRRORS IN ALL AID STATIONS!!!!!
          >
          > Steve Kral

        • Christian Griffith
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 22 9:51 AM
            Regardless of what decisions ever get mad, and who happy and who isn't, it
            out to make the Hardrock RD and board feel good that so many people are
            so passionate about shuffling two feet through the Colorado mountains.

            I'd be more worried if nobody cared.

            --
            Christian "webdude"

            {also dreaming of kissing the rock on day myself, and satisfied with
            whatever obstacles are thrown at me to attain worthiness. Shoots, Claude
            Sinclair makes runners sweep before they can actually run Laurel Valley
            self-supported 35-40 miler. And peeps just do it as both proving their
            strong desire to run, and also because it feels good to participate through
            a unique race process that is the culture of Laurel Valley}

            --
            Christian Griffith,
            Internet Strategist & Google Certified Partner

            ::: play ::: run100miles.com
            <http://run100miles.com>::: work ::: freebairn.com | searchdudes.com
            ::: meet ::: facebook.com/christiang <http://www.facebook.com/christiang> |
            twitter.com/run100miles

            2011 Race Commitments
            07/30 - White River 50-Mile {Washington}
            08/07 - Hot 2 Trot 8-hour {Georgia}
            08/13 - Laurel Valley 35-ish {South Carolina}
            *08/26 - UTMB 166K {France, Italy & Switzerland}*
            10/16 - Humboldt Redwoods Marathon {California}
            10/30 - Atlanta Marathon {Georgia}
            *-2012 - Fuego Y Agua 100K {Nicaragua}*