HR-SPOTS

  • Hans-Dieter Weisshaar
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2011
      Thanks, Steve Kral, for your substantial contribution.
      To bring it down to the point:

      _1 QUALIFYING_

      ."QUALIFYING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LOTTERY" (Steve Kral). Correct!
      1.1 The best qualifier for HR 100 is a HR 100 finish, Matt is correct.
      It doesn't matter, Olgitchka, if a HR finish is good for 2,3,4 or 5
      years (I prefer 3-4 years), remember: QUALIFYING HAS ....

      1.2 Matt is right, the second best qualifier for HR is Leadville.
      The only correct conclusion of the fact, that Andrea DNFed twice at
      Leadville and finished twice at HR is, that it is more difficult to
      finish Leadville than HR (I agree!)
      The only reason for this is the short cutoff of 30 hours at Leadville (I
      did nine times Leadville and finished all of them). Leadville with 36
      hours is a piece of cake!
      Of course and without any discussion is Western an appropriate qualifier.

      _2. LOTTERY

      _2.1 Having more than five HR-finishes I don't have to undergo any
      lottery. I will get a safe spot for sure, if I am finishing the easiest
      qualifier race within required the time limit of doing qualification races.
      Being 71 years of age I will be in the race for the next ten (or even
      more) years, no matter, if I will finish HR or not. At the latest after
      ten DNFs, year after year, the waitinglist-fellowrunners will stop
      liking me!

      I *ALWAYS* porposed, that a runner with more than five HR finishes has
      to go through the lottery after *three* DNFs in a row.
      "They don't seem to be getting any closer to finishing" (Steve Kral), by
      what reasons ever.
      So I ask the Board to decide, that runners with three DNFs in a row has
      to go hrough the lottery.

      2.1 I ask the Board to take the right and freedom (and use ist!) to give
      a number of spots without lottery to elite runners (whatever that will
      be, the Board is perfect in deciding that).
      I am pretty sad and disappointed, that Hal or Anton or others of the
      fast and mountain guys didn't make it into the race.

      All the best wishes to all 140 of you to finish!

      hd (el animal)
      P.S. See all of ou next year. After 15 month of suffering my Achilles
      made it last weekend through the Thueringen 100 miles. Of course oldest
      finisher.

    • Garett Graubins
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hi Everybody -
        Going through final preparations over here on the Front Range -- getting ready for the trip to Silverton.
        We are scrambling a little bit to arrange last-second dog-sitting arrangements for our dog. Can anybody recommend any places (or even freelance dog-sitters) in Silverton? Or, for that matter, Ouray?
        Thank you very much.
        - Garett

        Garett Graubins // 303-728-4387

        "The best way out is always through."

        - Robert Frost

      • Deb
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2011
          Garett call willow tree kennels in during. Best around. Nothinginsilvertontomyknowledge. We use willow tree
          Sent from my iPod

          On Jul 4, 2011, at 12:22 PM, Garett Graubins <graubins@...> wrote:

          > Hi Everybody -
          > Going through final preparations over here on the Front Range -- getting ready for the trip to Silverton.
          > We are scrambling a little bit to arrange last-second dog-sitting arrangements for our dog. Can anybody recommend any places (or even freelance dog-sitters) in Silverton? Or, for that matter, Ouray?
          > Thank you very much.
          > - Garett
          >
          > Garett Graubins // 303-728-4387
          >
          > "The best way out is always through."
          >
          > - Robert Frost

        • Jeff Dunn
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2011
            I'm headed out to Silverton this week, to help out with the race, from Denver.
            Anybody looking for a carpool partner? I'm happy to share driving and costs.

            Jeff Dunn
            650-669-1500

          • chris@chrisgerber.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2011
              Some of us did the KT to Finish leg today. Photos of current
              conditions are here:

              https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150227218177314.314765.615607313

              Cliff Notes: Snow is, for all intents, completely gone. :)

              - Chris
            • SHERI ATKINSON