pacing at Hardrock

  • Maria Sylvia Petzold
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2011
      Hi there,

      I was wondering if there's anyone of you out there running Hardrock
      this year and still in need for a pacer.

      I paced 60 miles last year (Howie Stern from Mammoth Lake/CA), and 28
      miles the year before
      (Howard Cohen from Newbury Park/SoCal) - both to a PR.

      Hardrock is something very special to me - it was my first experience
      in Colorado, and finally made me move to Colorado from California.
      So, I'd like to have an excuse to be out on the course, and benefit
      from the aid stations, and meet all the great Hardrock people, aside
      from getting sunrise in the San Juans, after a night long of
      struggling.

      I'd also love to participate in the skiing through the HR course
      experience, after I saw some pictures of the current course
      conditions! :)

      I am pretty easy going, and can either indicate things like stream
      crossings, obstacles on the trail, etc. ahead of time, or not talk
      much at all, if preferred. Or, I can motivate. I can go over
      logistics ahead of time etc., if desired.

      I'll stick it out with you if you have a moment at an aid station and
      need to rest for an hour. The only condition I would have for pacing
      is: be determined to not drop, even if it's hard (it's Hardrock! :)),
      unless there's a medical urgency or a safety concern.

      I'd really just like to be at Hardrock 2011 :)

      I can be at Grouse Gulch as soon as 3pm on Fri, July 8th, and will
      actually just show up and do that, if I don't find anyone through
      these emailing efforts.

      Please email me off list if interested.

      Thanks, and good luck to all Hardrockers!
      -Maria
      (805) 451 8952
      --
      "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a
      habit." - Aristotle