Wait listed runners for 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2011
      Hi Everybody,
      Many people have asked what the policy is for any spots that open for
      this years Hardrock next week. If you are a wait listed runner please read on.
      If you are a friend of a wait listed runner, be they sitting at home or in
      Silverton please help us get the word out.
      On 7/4 I will post the most current entrants list and wait list. This
      will be posted at Kendall Mountain Rec Center and Charlie Thorn's house in
      Silverton.
      When we open runner check in on Wednesday at noon, wait listed runners
      MUST check in with us to let us know they are in Silverton and available to
      run. They can do this any time between Wednesday at 12:00 and Thursday at 11
      a.m.
      When we close checkk in at 11 a.m. on Thursday, any available spots will
      be offered to the wait listed runner who a. has checked in with us and b. is
      the highest on the wait list. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT TIME A RUNNER CHECKS IN
      WITH US AS LONG AS THEY DO SO BEFORE 11 AM ON THURSDAY. As a final option,
      entered runners must check in by 5:45 on Friday. If for some reason, something
      happens on Thursday or a runner has change of heart we will go to the next
      person on the wait list who is standing in the gym on Friday morning. WE WILL
      CONTINUE TO OFFER SPOTS TO RUNNERS UNTIL WE REACH OUR BUREAU OF LAND
      MANAGMENT/U.S. FOREST SERVICE PERMIT LIMIT OF 140 RUNNERS. We will not
      jeopardize the annual permitting of Hardrock by entering any more runners than
      that.
      The reality of this system is that we will, in all likeliehood, not be
      able to accommodate all wait listed runners who are in Silverton. We do feel
      bad for this but we encourage them to offer to pace other runners or help at
      aid stations. I hope this helps clarify the process. If you have any questions
      be sure to let me know.
      See you in Silverton soon!
      Dale