Axe play!

  • Fred Ecks
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2011
      Howdy gang,

      I've been noticing more of our peeps wandering the course with ice axes
      this year (imagine that!). For anyone interested, here's a short
      instructional video that helped me a lot with figuring out how
      self-arrest is supposed to work:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM3xLshmNnk

      If anyone would like to share a play date to practice this stuff, I'm
      toying with the idea of meeting at Avalanche on Saturday at 9:00 AM, and
      we can bring our snow toys out somewhere like American Basin to practice
      our skills.

      I sure hope we never need this stuff, but a bit of snow play sure could
      be fun... :-)

      Anyone wanna share some giggles on Saturday?

      - Fred
    • Joe Lea
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2011
        American Basin would give you ample opportunity to practice self arrest.
        Here's me glissading a couple days ago...

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsIQrrFf6RQ&feature=related

        wheeeee (!),
        joe lea