The (keyboard) Pound & The Fury: An Afterthought

  • Rich Limacher
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2001
      A couple of hours after I wrote all *that* last night, I was
      stricken with panic and then...(naw, hell) NO regrets.

      But I did imagine FLAMES galore pouring onto my monitor this
      morning, condemning all my misinformed issues borne of
      raging emotion and perhaps non-clear vision.

      Someone might say: "You idiot, the Buffalo Boy Mine isn't
      even anywhere close to the proposed Wilderness Area!"

      Or, "Dumbshit! Look at all the stupid GU wrappers the
      rangers found after we'd all left! Is THAT preserving our
      beloved Wilderness?"

      How 'bout, "Limacher, you are as misinformed as you are
      pathetic. There ain't nobody taking any 'bribes' here. We
      are all in this together. All we are trying to do is
      preserve our Wilderness against any FUTURE encroachments of
      FUTURE mining companies or industrial polluters or hunting
      expeditions or land development entrepreneurs or even any
      Native American territorial claims themselves! If the HRH
      must go, it is only because no other organized
      fee-collecting event shall ever be allowed to trespass there
      again either. Sorry, but that's just the way it is."

      And then, thank Ja, I open my inbox today and... whew!
      Breathe a big sigh of relief.

      Ginny, you sweetheart of a mama you, thanks! You are truly
      an already polished gem in the undug diamond mine of the San
      Juan Wilderness. And thank you very much for your
      willingness to do just that: write a letter to help keep it
      undug--but still accessible to our beloved event.

      Richard, hey, thanks for your expression of support as well.

      And of course, thank you, Dale, for giving us poise and
      restraint. We will absolutely do whatever you tell us. We
      are well-versed, armed (and fingered), and sit at-the-ready.
      When you feel the time is right to deluge the CEC with
      correspondence, say but the word. (And post their address,
      OK?)

      I promise you, *they* ain't seen nuthin' yet.

      Just wait'll they get a loada ME!!!!!!

      Rich "Sonny Boy" Le Mache
      TheTroubadour@...

      Two P.S.'s:

      1. I didn't realize that "yahoogroups.com" and
      "eGroups.com" must have, apparently, merged? If so, then I
      apologize for y'all's getting two copies last night of my
      purply prose.

      2. I should tell you all sometime of my single greatest
      claim to fame to date: As a furiously writing young student
      teacher, I once succeeded in bringing an entire board of
      education to its knees! Oh, and much later as a newspaper
      reporter, I helped a tavern owner stay in business against a
      rampaging village board that fought like crazy to shut him
      down.

      (Ya wanna know why? The "morally upstanding" wife of one of
      the trustees once fell off one of the barstools--drunk.)