Re: [hr100] Photos from Hardrock course marking

  • Andy Hewat
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
      Thanks heaps for the pics but take care and I hope your place is OK. I have been waiting patiently for the photos to start appearing but you now have more important stuff to deal with.
      Cheers,Andy (living vicariously)

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
        Thanks, Andy....I heard your name come up several times in the past couple
        of days...know that as a member of the Hardrock family, you are missed.

        I think we'll be ok as long as the wind doesn't shift back west, but
        Hardrockers Blake Wood, Charlie Thorn, Kris Kern, Jason Halladay, David
        Coblentz and Tom Stockton and their families all from Los Alamos are
        now facing potential evacuation.

        Steve

        Steve

        On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Andy Hewat <hewat.andy@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Thanks heaps for the pics but take care and I hope your place is OK. I have
        > been waiting patiently for the photos to start appearing but you now have
        > more important stuff to deal with.
        > Cheers,Andy (living vicariously)

      • Steve Pero
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
          Update, the fire is now closer to 44,000 acres! This was less than 100 acres
          yesterday afternoon

          On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Steve Pero <ultrastevep@...> wrote:

          > These are the first two days of the course marking
          > https://picasaweb.google.com/ultrastevep/2011HardrockCourseMarking#
          >
          > We then had to head home as we got a phone call that there was an
          > evacuation order from our home, so we headed home to pack some important
          > stuff just in case. The fire started 2 miles east from our house and is
          > moving East towards Los Alamos. Evacuation for us has been lifter, but it's
          > moving rapidly and what was 100 acres yesterday afternoon is now closer to
          > 4000 acres. Many Hardrockers live in Los Alamos. Deb and I are headed back
          > up to Silverton on Thursday.
          >
          > http://nmfireinfo.wordpress.com/2011/06/26/las-conchas-wildfire-june-26-3-p-m/
          >
          > Steve Pero
          > Jemez Springs, NM.

        • Garett Graubins
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
            Steve -
            Is there any need for aid in the area yet? Has the Red Cross set up a presence? Or is it not yet at that point?
            Be safe!
            (and thank you for posting all of the photos ... it's made it tough to work this morning ... too much daydreaming going on at my desk)
            - Garett

            Garett Graubins // 303-728-4387

            "The best way out is always through."

            - Robert Frost

            Thanks, Andy....I heard your name come up several times in the past couple
            of days...know that as a member of the Hardrock family, you are missed.

            I think we'll be ok as long as the wind doesn't shift back west, but
            Hardrockers Blake Wood, Charlie Thorn, Kris Kern, Jason Halladay, David
            Coblentz and Tom Stockton and their families all from Los Alamos are
            now facing potential evacuation.

            Steve

            Steve

            On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Andy Hewat <hewat.andy@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Thanks heaps for the pics but take care and I hope your place is OK. I have
            > been waiting patiently for the photos to start appearing but you now have
            > more important stuff to deal with.
            > Cheers,Andy (living vicariously)

          • Steve Pero
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
              Don't know much yet Garret...the fact that the fire has spread to it's size
              (44,000 acres) in less than 24 hours is scary in itself. Hope they can keep
              it from Los Alamos, but it's now just 1 mile south of LANL.

              Check this out... http://vimeo.com/25648681

              See you soon,
              Steve

            • Garett Graubins
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
                Hi Everybody -
                The way my projected splits (you know how it is: dream splits versus realistic splits versus doomsday splits) are shaking out, it's looking like my wife and son will be saying "Good Night" to me in Ouray and then not seeing me until the next morning or early afternoon, when I'm crossing Mineral Creek on the homestretch.
                We were brainstorming possible ways for them to also help me out in T-Ride -- but we're reluctant to wake up our boy in the wee hours. By wee "hours", I mean that my most optimistic splits have me in T-Ride around 2 AM, likely 6 AM if it is not my day.
                Is anybody else struggling with these logistics? Is anybody renting a house in T-Ride? Is there camping in the town park?
                OK, back to work. I just thought I'd see if there are any thoughts on this subject.
                Thanks!
                - Garett

                Garett Graubins // 303-728-4387

                "The best way out is always through."

                - Robert Frost

              • Philip Murphy
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
                  Thanks for sharing Steve, oh how I wish I was there again this year.
                  Thoughts are with you guys, stay safe!

                  Phil Murphy