Photos from Hardrock course marking

  • Steve Pero
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
      These are the first two days of the course marking
      https://picasaweb.google.com/ultrastevep/2011HardrockCourseMarking#

      We then had to head home as we got a phone call that there was an evacuation
      order from our home, so we headed home to pack some important stuff just in
      case. The fire started 2 miles east from our house and is moving East
      towards Los Alamos. Evacuation for us has been lifter, but it's moving
      rapidly and what was 100 acres yesterday afternoon is now closer to 4000
      acres. Many Hardrockers live in Los Alamos. Deb and I are headed back up to
      Silverton on Thursday.
      http://nmfireinfo.wordpress.com/2011/06/26/las-conchas-wildfire-june-26-3-p-m/

      Steve Pero
      Jemez Springs, NM.

    • Megan Finnesy
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
        Thanks for sharing Steve.  I hope all will be okay in Los Alamos.
        Best to you, Deb and the rest of the folks in the area of the fire.
        See you soon.

        Megan Finnesy, RD
        Golden Gate
        Dirty Thirty
        www.goldengatedirtythirty.org
        303-990-9049

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
          Thanks heaps for the pics but take care and I hope your place is OK. I have been waiting patiently for the photos to start appearing but you now have more important stuff to deal with.
          Cheers,Andy (living vicariously)

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
            Thanks, Andy....I heard your name come up several times in the past couple
            of days...know that as a member of the Hardrock family, you are missed.

            I think we'll be ok as long as the wind doesn't shift back west, but
            Hardrockers Blake Wood, Charlie Thorn, Kris Kern, Jason Halladay, David
            Coblentz and Tom Stockton and their families all from Los Alamos are
            now facing potential evacuation.

            Steve

            Steve

            On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Andy Hewat <hewat.andy@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Thanks heaps for the pics but take care and I hope your place is OK. I have
            > been waiting patiently for the photos to start appearing but you now have
            > more important stuff to deal with.
            > Cheers,Andy (living vicariously)

          • Steve Pero
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
              Update, the fire is now closer to 44,000 acres! This was less than 100 acres
              yesterday afternoon

              On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Steve Pero <ultrastevep@...> wrote:

              > These are the first two days of the course marking
              > https://picasaweb.google.com/ultrastevep/2011HardrockCourseMarking#
              >
              > We then had to head home as we got a phone call that there was an
              > evacuation order from our home, so we headed home to pack some important
              > stuff just in case. The fire started 2 miles east from our house and is
              > moving East towards Los Alamos. Evacuation for us has been lifter, but it's
              > moving rapidly and what was 100 acres yesterday afternoon is now closer to
              > 4000 acres. Many Hardrockers live in Los Alamos. Deb and I are headed back
              > up to Silverton on Thursday.
              >
              > http://nmfireinfo.wordpress.com/2011/06/26/las-conchas-wildfire-june-26-3-p-m/
              >
              > Steve Pero
              > Jemez Springs, NM.

            • Garett Graubins
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
                Steve -
                Is there any need for aid in the area yet? Has the Red Cross set up a presence? Or is it not yet at that point?
                Be safe!
                (and thank you for posting all of the photos ... it's made it tough to work this morning ... too much daydreaming going on at my desk)
                - Garett

                Garett Graubins // 303-728-4387

                "The best way out is always through."

                - Robert Frost

                Thanks, Andy....I heard your name come up several times in the past couple
                of days...know that as a member of the Hardrock family, you are missed.

                I think we'll be ok as long as the wind doesn't shift back west, but
                Hardrockers Blake Wood, Charlie Thorn, Kris Kern, Jason Halladay, David
                Coblentz and Tom Stockton and their families all from Los Alamos are
                now facing potential evacuation.

                Steve

                Steve

                On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Andy Hewat <hewat.andy@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Thanks heaps for the pics but take care and I hope your place is OK. I have
                > been waiting patiently for the photos to start appearing but you now have
                > more important stuff to deal with.
                > Cheers,Andy (living vicariously)

              • Steve Pero
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
                  Don't know much yet Garret...the fact that the fire has spread to it's size
                  (44,000 acres) in less than 24 hours is scary in itself. Hope they can keep
                  it from Los Alamos, but it's now just 1 mile south of LANL.

                  Check this out... http://vimeo.com/25648681

                  See you soon,
                  Steve

                • Garett Graubins
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
                    Hi Everybody -
                    The way my projected splits (you know how it is: dream splits versus realistic splits versus doomsday splits) are shaking out, it's looking like my wife and son will be saying "Good Night" to me in Ouray and then not seeing me until the next morning or early afternoon, when I'm crossing Mineral Creek on the homestretch.
                    We were brainstorming possible ways for them to also help me out in T-Ride -- but we're reluctant to wake up our boy in the wee hours. By wee "hours", I mean that my most optimistic splits have me in T-Ride around 2 AM, likely 6 AM if it is not my day.
                    Is anybody else struggling with these logistics? Is anybody renting a house in T-Ride? Is there camping in the town park?
                    OK, back to work. I just thought I'd see if there are any thoughts on this subject.
                    Thanks!
                    - Garett

                    Garett Graubins // 303-728-4387

                    "The best way out is always through."

                    - Robert Frost

                  • Philip Murphy
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 27, 2011
                      Thanks for sharing Steve, oh how I wish I was there again this year.
                      Thoughts are with you guys, stay safe!

                      Phil Murphy