Run Week Activity: Gear Swap!

  • kaitainen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2011
      Howdy everyone. I hope I'm catching most of y'all before you leave for Silverton - I apologize for those I am reaching while already traveling.

      Here's the scoop - during run week (most likely during the Pot Lick on Wednesday), we're adding a new little happening - Gear Swap!

      Let's say you've got a pair of Montrails you've worn a few times and don't like, and a flashlight too many but you know someone else could probably use it more than you.

      Bring it to Silverton and we will have one big swap. Bring your stuff, get someone else's stuff (if you want), or donate and go home lighter.

      NOTE: I haven't figured out the rules yet, if we'll do moderate evaluations of stuff so that you don't drop in a bottle and leave with shoes/hydration/light/pack. I also do NOT want to deal with money.

      What do you all think? Often swaps will give one 'token' for each thing you bring, and you can use that to 'buy' one thing from the pile. I haven't decided what will work for us, yet, so let me know if you've got an idea.

      We can decide the rules ASAP, but if you think you're interested and have room, just bring some of your extra stuff and we'll figure it out. At worst you'll just go home with it again.

      Andrea
      andrea@...