THE MOST INTERESTING MAN/WOMAN IN THE WORLD (issue 48)

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2011
      [Oh Happy Day! It's Positivity Wednesday and we have a special treat. None
      other than our hero and a personal friend, "UltraJohn" Price, has (just this
      past Thursday) completed a SOLO and UNAIDED Transcontinental Run across the
      entire United States from California to Virginia, touching his toes (hell,
      full body swim at the finish!) in both oceans--first the Pacific at Venice
      Beach and then, some 87 days later, the Atlantic at Virginia Beach. And
      then just this past weekend he showed up to run yet another footrace!!
      Nothing short of spectacular, huh? It's really and truly why John truly and
      really REALLY deserves today's TMIMITW honor. Here. Read all about it
      ("just the facts, ma'am"):
      http://runvb2vb.com/blog/%5d

      In a time known to be generally faster than Amtrak takes, he covered the
      entire country, from coast to coast, entirely on foot.

      By the time he finished, his complete chromosomal balance had been totally
      scrambled. Nothing about his being--at the start--was still with him at the
      finish. Even his "Gopher" had to be replaced.

      His wheeled little mechanical carry-all was called the "Gopher"--not his pet
      hamster.

      His new wheeled golf-cart-slash-baby-buggy allowed him to carry a full set
      of clubs, and enter and win several major PGA tournaments along the way.

      Not only did he speed his way across the country, but he also had the
      presence of mind to stop occasionally and write about it...and to take
      pictures. His photos were so good and in demand, they eliminated any
      further need for paparazzi.

      His pictures have been run on the front page of every tabloid in the
      country, including on television by TMZ.

      Ever the selfless modern-day hero, all monetary proceeds from the sale of
      his pics have gone to charity, which is no small donation. Because of his
      generosity, cancer, diabetes, and the common cold have all been cured.

      Blisters, however, continue still to be a problem plaguing medical science.
      But he assures everyone that THAT's next.

      He has not only run across the country, but the way in which he got from the
      East Coast to the West Coast in the first place was by flying across the
      country. He admitted--although privately--that his arms were very tired,
      and that's why he reasoned he could rest them by using only his legs on the
      way back.

      He is THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD.

      "I don't always run or fly alone across America; but when I do, I prefer to
      be by myself. Stay flapping, my friends."

      ( 00 )

      See (and hear) some originals:

      http://dosequis.com/

      Also here:

      http://tinyurl.com/DosEquisAd
      [and thanks to UltraJohn Price--whom this pale travesty of an honorarium is
      now all about--for supplying this in place of that former long and
      always-broken hyperlink].

      My mark:

      XX
      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...
      ("an 800-year-old yap-flapper himself, as well as your lute-plucking French
      song-and-dance-man whose first cross-country sojourn was at Tierra Del
      Fuego").

      Yankee Folly of the Day:
      Arnold Schwarzenegger had asked John to smuggle his "love child" inside that
      baby-buggy and deposit him in Hyannis Port somewhere on the Kennedy
      compound, but thankfully our hero refused.