THE MOST INTERESTING MAN/WOMAN IN THE WORLD (issue 46)

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27 1:43 PM
      [Good Aftermorning, all you groovy guys and groovy girls and other
      interesting creatures! Today is Positivity Wednesday once again, and once
      again by "luck of the draw" into my Inbox pops Dapper Dave's Daily Happy
      Birthday Daemon--does William Friedkin know about this?--and with it
      (ta-da!) today's inspiration. She is a great ol' cybertronic friend and
      acquaintance of mine (and nearly everyone's), she was around during ultra's
      "glory days" when peeps could run 50 whole miles at a sub-6 pace, and I
      think she's the first gal I'd ever known to sing the complete praises of
      duct tape. She is none other than Pat "Trail Patty" Wellington and she is
      nothing if not totally and completely and honorably interesting!
      I can't find much public online presence for Patricia, but for those of you
      on LinkedIn, she's here:
      http://www.linkedin.com/pub/pat-wellington/16/303/410
      I also think she certainly should be today's TMIWITW.]

      She has the best calves of all womankind. Up-close-and-personal testimony
      to this fact has been provided by nearly every 70-plus gentleman in
      ultrarunning. Because they were usually behind her after she'd passed and
      sped off down the trail.

      She was the first consulting female research and development engineer on the
      project once known as "duct tape: sticking it to the Man."

      She isn't, of course, an engineer. But every engineer from 3M down to all
      vendors for Western States have asked for her input before finalizing their
      designs--which holds doubly true for the inventors and designers of the "Go
      Girl," "P-Mate," and "Stand2Pee" products and methods.

      Her job is listed as "Talent Acquisition," which can only mean she's one
      terrific judge of character, which possibly explains her blockage, then, of
      all the creators and imitators of this very imported Mexican beer commercial
      on Facebook.

      But she isn't, of course, on Facebook. She doesn't have that kind of time
      to waste.

      Her trail running career has so far been extraordinary. She is the only
      known runner, in fact, to ever discover "trails" inside the City of San
      Francisco. Also, pattycakes.

      By the way, some of the stranger strangers in that city who used to use the
      P-Mate no longer need it (following their operations). On the other hand,
      there are now countless thousands of other individuals who do, having
      started out in life as something else.

      The very best use for duct tape she has come up with so far is taping
      narrators' of beer commercials' mouths shut.

      She is nothing if not a completely sweet human being with a wonderful sense
      of humor. And today is her 39th birthday!

      So, her other "engineering consulting" job was helping to invent--a Time
      Machine.

      She is THE MOST INTERESTING WOMAN IN THE WORLD.

      "I don't always pee standing up; but when I do, I prefer to be anywhere
      OTHER than the Men's Room. Stay liberated, my friends."

      ( 00 )

      See (and hear) some originals:

      http://dosequis.com/

      Also here:

      http://tinyurl.com/DosEquisAd
      [and thanks to UltraJohn Price--who is now running across the country &
      hoping to beat Deek to the Regis & Kelly Show--for supplying this in place
      of that former long and always-broken hyperlink].

      My mark:

      XX
      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...
      ("your friendly neighborly lute-plucking song-and-dance-man who's been
      making water vertically for 800 years," hence: The Seine).

      Yankee Folly of the Day:
      President Obama's birth certificate?