Re: [hr100] camping

  • davidmicklo@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
      I'll look at that. Sounds like a great backup. It will be nice to collect my thoughts for a few days prior too.

      From: chris@...
      Sender: hr100@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:01:56
      To: <hr100@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [hr100] camping

      I camped on Red Mountain Pass (just off of a random 4wd road) for
      about 10 days before the race last year. Little Molas was full when I
      checked it a couple of times. It's a good back-up location, similar
      altitude, though there are no amenities.

      - Chris

    • davidmicklo@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
        Thanks Matt. I'll check the map.

        From: Matt Mahoney <matmahoney@...>
        Sender: hr100@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:56:55
        To: <hr100@yahoogroups.com>

        The closest free camping is probably South Mineral about 3 miles north of
        Silverton on 550.

        -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...