Re: [hr100] camping

  • chris@chrisgerber.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
      I camped on Red Mountain Pass (just off of a random 4wd road) for
      about 10 days before the race last year. Little Molas was full when I
      checked it a couple of times. It's a good back-up location, similar
      altitude, though there are no amenities.

      - Chris

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
        The closest free camping is probably South Mineral about 3 miles north of
        Silverton on 550.

        -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...

      • davidmicklo@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
          I check their website and it says its full???

          From: Don <hh3751@...>
          Sender: hr100@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:58:10
          To: hr100@yahoogroups.com<hr100@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: Re: [hr100] camping

          Little Molas Lake campground on Molas Pass at 11,000ft is where a lot of us camp It's free and there are a lot of Hardrockers there

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
            I'll look at that. Sounds like a great backup. It will be nice to collect my thoughts for a few days prior too.

            From: chris@...
            Sender: hr100@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:01:56
            To: <hr100@yahoogroups.com>