Re: [hr100] camping

  • Don
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
      Little Molas Lake campground on Molas Pass at 11,000ft is where a lot of us camp It's free and there are a lot of Hardrockers there

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 17, 2011, at 12:31 PM, "davidmicklo" <davidmicklo@...> wrote:

      I've been thinking of riding my dual sport motorcycle to the race 2 weeks prior to help course marking and was curious if anyone had ideas as to where I could set up camp. I just need room to pitch a tent.

      As well, a few days prior my wife and crew will be coming in and will be looking for a room of sorts then. Ideas?

    • chris@chrisgerber.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
        I camped on Red Mountain Pass (just off of a random 4wd road) for
        about 10 days before the race last year. Little Molas was full when I
        checked it a couple of times. It's a good back-up location, similar
        altitude, though there are no amenities.

        - Chris

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
          The closest free camping is probably South Mineral about 3 miles north of
          Silverton on 550.

          -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...

        • davidmicklo@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
            I check their website and it says its full???

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
              I'll look at that. Sounds like a great backup. It will be nice to collect my thoughts for a few days prior too.

              From: chris@...
              Sender: hr100@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:01:56
              To: <hr100@yahoogroups.com>