camping

  • davidmicklo
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
      I've been thinking of riding my dual sport motorcycle to the race 2 weeks prior to help course marking and was curious if anyone had ideas as to where I could set up camp. I just need room to pitch a tent.

      As well, a few days prior my wife and crew will be coming in and will be looking for a room of sorts then. Ideas?
    • Don
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
        Little Molas Lake campground on Molas Pass at 11,000ft is where a lot of us camp It's free and there are a lot of Hardrockers there

        Sent from my iPhone

      • chris@chrisgerber.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
          I camped on Red Mountain Pass (just off of a random 4wd road) for
          about 10 days before the race last year. Little Molas was full when I
          checked it a couple of times. It's a good back-up location, similar
          altitude, though there are no amenities.

          - Chris

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
            The closest free camping is probably South Mineral about 3 miles north of
            Silverton on 550.

            -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...

          • davidmicklo@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
              I check their website and it says its full???

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 17, 2011
                I'll look at that. Sounds like a great backup. It will be nice to collect my thoughts for a few days prior too.

                From: chris@...
                Sender: hr100@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:01:56
                To: <hr100@yahoogroups.com>