Re: [hr100] Pacer

  • Deb P
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 15 2:02 PM
      ha! okay, dave, I can't hire you because I'm just a lowly waitlister, but
      now that you have
      auditioned here. I bet you might get some takers!!!

      On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, David Clark <irishsailsman@...>wrote:

      > Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this
      > taste funny to you?"
      >
      > I am better at improv ;-)
      >

      > David Clark
      > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
      > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
      >
      > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
      >
      > www.drivehumanperformance.com
      >
      > -Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
      > > :-)
      > >
      > > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
      > > >

      > > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
      > > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
      > > >
      > > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
      > > > from others (I am married) :-)
      > > >
      > > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra
      > experience.
      > > >
      > > > David Clark
      > > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
      > > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
      > > >
      > > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
      > > >
      > > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
      > > >
      > > > -Sent from my iPhone

    • Jean-Jacques d
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 15 7:40 PM
        With all due respect for Deb and David, my needs as a runner are better met by a quiet, focused pacer, alert to point out footing difficulties (especially at night), spot on navigation alertness, and replenishment reminders.  The last thing I need or want is distraction from the task at hand.
        I myself, as a pacer last year at HR, got distracted by a conversation with my runner and committed the worst sin of a pacer: I missed a turn and led him off course.  The mistake was rectified soon enough to not cause much damage, but I will never forget the horror I felt at my dereliction of duty...
        Hey, we all have different needs and expectations!
        Jean-Jacques, HR 2011 lucky pick.

        ha!  okay, dave, I can't hire you because I'm just a lowly waitlister, but
        now that you have
        auditioned here. I bet you might get some takers!!!

        On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, David Clark <irishsailsman@...>wrote:

        > Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this
        > taste funny to you?"
        >
        > I am better at improv ;-)
        >

        > David Clark
        > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
        > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
        >
        > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
        >
        > www.drivehumanperformance.com
        >
        > -Sent from my iPhone
        >
        > On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
        > > :-)
        > >
        > > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
        > > >

        > > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
        > > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
        > > >
        > > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
        > > > from others (I am married) :-)
        > > >
        > > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra
        > experience.
        > > >
        > > > David Clark
        > > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
        > > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
        > > >
        > > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
        > > >
        > > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
        > > >
        > > > -Sent from my iPhone

      • David Clark
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 15 7:49 PM
          Humor and competence are not mutually exclusive.

          For the record I wasnt planning on actually juggling or sticking my head in a lions mouth during the run, maybe just supplying some distraction if needed.

          I will mark you off my list of potential runners ;-)

          On Feb 15, 2011, at 8:40 PM, Jean-Jacques d <jjda36618@...> wrote:

          > With all due respect for Deb and David, my needs as a runner are better met by a quiet, focused pacer, alert to point out footing difficulties (especially at night), spot on navigation alertness, and replenishment reminders. The last thing I need or want is distraction from the task at hand.
          > I myself, as a pacer last year at HR, got distracted by a conversation with my runner and committed the worst sin of a pacer: I missed a turn and led him off course. The mistake was rectified soon enough to not cause much damage, but I will never forget the horror I felt at my dereliction of duty...
          > Hey, we all have different needs and expectations!
          > Jean-Jacques, HR 2011 lucky pick.

        • lalaith
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 16 6:08 AM
            Deb I want in on the running for your pacer..
            I think the other guy has me beat in the joke department but can he:
            1.  Juggle 3 EFS flasks while running albeit slowly?
            2.  When chewing gum can he blow a bubble inside a bubble inside a bubble???

            : )
            Michelle
            Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail

            ha!  okay, dave, I can't hire you because I'm just a lowly waitlister, but
            now that you have
            auditioned here. I bet you might get some takers!!!

            On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, David Clark <irishsailsman@...>wrote:

            > Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this
            > taste funny to you?"
            >
            > I am better at improv ;-)
            >

            > David Clark
            > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
            > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
            >
            > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
            >
            > www.drivehumanperformance.com
            >
            > -Sent from my iPhone
            >
            > On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
            > > :-)
            > >
            > > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
            > > >

            > > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
            > > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
            > > >
            > > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
            > > > from others (I am married) :-)
            > > >
            > > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra
            > experience.
            > > >
            > > > David Clark
            > > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
            > > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
            > > >
            > > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
            > > >
            > > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
            > > >
            > > > -Sent from my iPhone

          • David Clark
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 16 6:15 AM
              I can juggle FOUR bottles, a spoon and a cat all at once. And I can blow a bubble out of both ends at the same time without removing my shorts. Now THAT'S pacing, my friends.