Re: [hr100] Pacer

  • David Clark
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
      Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this taste funny to you?"

      I am better at improv ;-)

      David Clark
      VP of Sales- America's Mattress
      Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness

      Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.

      www.drivehumanperformance.com

      -Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:

      > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
      > :-)
      >
      > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
      > >

      > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
      > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
      > >
      > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
      > > from others (I am married) :-)
      > >
      > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra experience.
      > >
      > > David Clark
      > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
      > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
      > >
      > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
      > >
      > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
      > >
      > > -Sent from my iPhone

    • Deb P
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
        ha! okay, dave, I can't hire you because I'm just a lowly waitlister, but
        now that you have
        auditioned here. I bet you might get some takers!!!

        On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, David Clark <irishsailsman@...>wrote:

        > Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this
        > taste funny to you?"
        >
        > I am better at improv ;-)
        >

        > David Clark
        > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
        > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
        >
        > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
        >
        > www.drivehumanperformance.com
        >
        > -Sent from my iPhone
        >
        > On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
        > > :-)
        > >
        > > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
        > > >

        > > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
        > > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
        > > >
        > > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
        > > > from others (I am married) :-)
        > > >
        > > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra
        > experience.
        > > >
        > > > David Clark
        > > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
        > > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
        > > >
        > > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
        > > >
        > > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
        > > >
        > > > -Sent from my iPhone

      • Jean-Jacques d
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
          With all due respect for Deb and David, my needs as a runner are better met by a quiet, focused pacer, alert to point out footing difficulties (especially at night), spot on navigation alertness, and replenishment reminders.  The last thing I need or want is distraction from the task at hand.
          I myself, as a pacer last year at HR, got distracted by a conversation with my runner and committed the worst sin of a pacer: I missed a turn and led him off course.  The mistake was rectified soon enough to not cause much damage, but I will never forget the horror I felt at my dereliction of duty...
          Hey, we all have different needs and expectations!
          Jean-Jacques, HR 2011 lucky pick.

          ha!  okay, dave, I can't hire you because I'm just a lowly waitlister, but
          now that you have
          auditioned here. I bet you might get some takers!!!

          On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, David Clark <irishsailsman@...>wrote:

          > Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this
          > taste funny to you?"
          >
          > I am better at improv ;-)
          >

          > David Clark
          > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
          > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
          >
          > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
          >
          > www.drivehumanperformance.com
          >
          > -Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
          > > :-)
          > >
          > > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
          > > >

          > > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
          > > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
          > > >
          > > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
          > > > from others (I am married) :-)
          > > >
          > > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra
          > experience.
          > > >
          > > > David Clark
          > > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
          > > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
          > > >
          > > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
          > > >
          > > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
          > > >
          > > > -Sent from my iPhone

        • David Clark
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
            Humor and competence are not mutually exclusive.

            For the record I wasnt planning on actually juggling or sticking my head in a lions mouth during the run, maybe just supplying some distraction if needed.

            I will mark you off my list of potential runners ;-)

            On Feb 15, 2011, at 8:40 PM, Jean-Jacques d <jjda36618@...> wrote:

            > With all due respect for Deb and David, my needs as a runner are better met by a quiet, focused pacer, alert to point out footing difficulties (especially at night), spot on navigation alertness, and replenishment reminders. The last thing I need or want is distraction from the task at hand.
            > I myself, as a pacer last year at HR, got distracted by a conversation with my runner and committed the worst sin of a pacer: I missed a turn and led him off course. The mistake was rectified soon enough to not cause much damage, but I will never forget the horror I felt at my dereliction of duty...
            > Hey, we all have different needs and expectations!
            > Jean-Jacques, HR 2011 lucky pick.

          • lalaith
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 16, 2011
              Deb I want in on the running for your pacer..
              I think the other guy has me beat in the joke department but can he:
              1.  Juggle 3 EFS flasks while running albeit slowly?
              2.  When chewing gum can he blow a bubble inside a bubble inside a bubble???

              : )
              Michelle
              Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail

              ha!  okay, dave, I can't hire you because I'm just a lowly waitlister, but
              now that you have
              auditioned here. I bet you might get some takers!!!

              On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, David Clark <irishsailsman@...>wrote:

              > Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this
              > taste funny to you?"
              >
              > I am better at improv ;-)
              >

              > David Clark
              > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
              > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
              >
              > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
              >
              > www.drivehumanperformance.com
              >
              > -Sent from my iPhone
              >
              > On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
              > > :-)
              > >
              > > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
              > > >

              > > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
              > > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
              > > >
              > > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
              > > > from others (I am married) :-)
              > > >
              > > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra
              > experience.
              > > >
              > > > David Clark
              > > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
              > > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
              > > >
              > > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
              > > >
              > > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
              > > >
              > > > -Sent from my iPhone

            • David Clark
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 16, 2011
                I can juggle FOUR bottles, a spoon and a cat all at once. And I can blow a bubble out of both ends at the same time without removing my shorts. Now THAT'S pacing, my friends.