Re: [hr100] Pacer

  • Deb's Gmail
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
      I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
      :-)

      On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:

      > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
      > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
      >
      > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
      > from others (I am married) :-)
      >
      > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra experience.
      >
      > David Clark
      > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
      > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
      >
      > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
      >
      > www.drivehumanperformance.com
      >
      > -Sent from my iPhone

    • David Clark
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
        Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this taste funny to you?"

        I am better at improv ;-)

        On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:

        > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
        > :-)
        >
        > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
        > >

        > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
        > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
        > >
        > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
        > > from others (I am married) :-)
        > >
        > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra experience.
        > >
        > > David Clark
        > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
        > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
        > >
        > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
        > >
        > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
        > >
        > > -Sent from my iPhone

      • Deb P
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
          ha! okay, dave, I can't hire you because I'm just a lowly waitlister, but
          now that you have
          auditioned here. I bet you might get some takers!!!

          On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, David Clark <irishsailsman@...>wrote:

          > Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this
          > taste funny to you?"
          >
          > I am better at improv ;-)
          >

          > David Clark
          > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
          > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
          >
          > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
          >
          > www.drivehumanperformance.com
          >
          > -Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
          > > :-)
          > >
          > > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
          > > >

          > > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
          > > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
          > > >
          > > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
          > > > from others (I am married) :-)
          > > >
          > > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra
          > experience.
          > > >
          > > > David Clark
          > > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
          > > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
          > > >
          > > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
          > > >
          > > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
          > > >
          > > > -Sent from my iPhone

        • Jean-Jacques d
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
            With all due respect for Deb and David, my needs as a runner are better met by a quiet, focused pacer, alert to point out footing difficulties (especially at night), spot on navigation alertness, and replenishment reminders.  The last thing I need or want is distraction from the task at hand.
            I myself, as a pacer last year at HR, got distracted by a conversation with my runner and committed the worst sin of a pacer: I missed a turn and led him off course.  The mistake was rectified soon enough to not cause much damage, but I will never forget the horror I felt at my dereliction of duty...
            Hey, we all have different needs and expectations!
            Jean-Jacques, HR 2011 lucky pick.

            ha!  okay, dave, I can't hire you because I'm just a lowly waitlister, but
            now that you have
            auditioned here. I bet you might get some takers!!!

            On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, David Clark <irishsailsman@...>wrote:

            > Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this
            > taste funny to you?"
            >
            > I am better at improv ;-)
            >

            > David Clark
            > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
            > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
            >
            > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
            >
            > www.drivehumanperformance.com
            >
            > -Sent from my iPhone
            >
            > On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
            > > :-)
            > >
            > > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
            > > >

            > > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
            > > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
            > > >
            > > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
            > > > from others (I am married) :-)
            > > >
            > > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra
            > experience.
            > > >
            > > > David Clark
            > > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
            > > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
            > > >
            > > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
            > > >
            > > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
            > > >
            > > > -Sent from my iPhone

          • David Clark
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
              Humor and competence are not mutually exclusive.

              For the record I wasnt planning on actually juggling or sticking my head in a lions mouth during the run, maybe just supplying some distraction if needed.

              I will mark you off my list of potential runners ;-)

              On Feb 15, 2011, at 8:40 PM, Jean-Jacques d <jjda36618@...> wrote:

              > With all due respect for Deb and David, my needs as a runner are better met by a quiet, focused pacer, alert to point out footing difficulties (especially at night), spot on navigation alertness, and replenishment reminders. The last thing I need or want is distraction from the task at hand.
              > I myself, as a pacer last year at HR, got distracted by a conversation with my runner and committed the worst sin of a pacer: I missed a turn and led him off course. The mistake was rectified soon enough to not cause much damage, but I will never forget the horror I felt at my dereliction of duty...
              > Hey, we all have different needs and expectations!
              > Jean-Jacques, HR 2011 lucky pick.

            • lalaith
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 16, 2011
                Deb I want in on the running for your pacer..
                I think the other guy has me beat in the joke department but can he:
                1.  Juggle 3 EFS flasks while running albeit slowly?
                2.  When chewing gum can he blow a bubble inside a bubble inside a bubble???

                : )
                Michelle
                Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail

                ha!  okay, dave, I can't hire you because I'm just a lowly waitlister, but
                now that you have
                auditioned here. I bet you might get some takers!!!

                On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, David Clark <irishsailsman@...>wrote:

                > Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this
                > taste funny to you?"
                >
                > I am better at improv ;-)
                >

                > David Clark
                > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
                > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
                >
                > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
                >
                > www.drivehumanperformance.com
                >
                > -Sent from my iPhone
                >
                > On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
                >
                > > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
                > > :-)
                > >
                > > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
                > > >

                > > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
                > > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
                > > >
                > > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
                > > > from others (I am married) :-)
                > > >
                > > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra
                > experience.
                > > >
                > > > David Clark
                > > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
                > > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
                > > >
                > > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
                > > >
                > > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
                > > >
                > > > -Sent from my iPhone

              • David Clark
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 16, 2011
                  I can juggle FOUR bottles, a spoon and a cat all at once. And I can blow a bubble out of both ends at the same time without removing my shorts. Now THAT'S pacing, my friends.