Pacer

  • David Clark
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
      I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!

      I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response from others (I am married) :-)

      So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra experience.

      David Clark
      VP of Sales- America's Mattress
      Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness

      Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.

      www.drivehumanperformance.com

      -Sent from my iPhone

    • Deb's Gmail
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
        I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
        :-)

        On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:

        > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
        > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
        >
        > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
        > from others (I am married) :-)
        >
        > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra experience.
        >
        > David Clark
        > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
        > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
        >
        > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
        >
        > www.drivehumanperformance.com
        >
        > -Sent from my iPhone

      • David Clark
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
          Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this taste funny to you?"

          I am better at improv ;-)

          On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:

          > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
          > :-)
          >
          > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
          > >

          > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
          > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
          > >
          > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
          > > from others (I am married) :-)
          > >
          > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra experience.
          > >
          > > David Clark
          > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
          > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
          > >
          > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
          > >
          > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
          > >
          > > -Sent from my iPhone

        • Deb P
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
            ha! okay, dave, I can't hire you because I'm just a lowly waitlister, but
            now that you have
            auditioned here. I bet you might get some takers!!!

            On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, David Clark <irishsailsman@...>wrote:

            > Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this
            > taste funny to you?"
            >
            > I am better at improv ;-)
            >

            > David Clark
            > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
            > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
            >
            > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
            >
            > www.drivehumanperformance.com
            >
            > -Sent from my iPhone
            >
            > On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
            > > :-)
            > >
            > > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
            > > >

            > > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
            > > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
            > > >
            > > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
            > > > from others (I am married) :-)
            > > >
            > > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra
            > experience.
            > > >
            > > > David Clark
            > > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
            > > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
            > > >
            > > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
            > > >
            > > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
            > > >
            > > > -Sent from my iPhone

          • Jean-Jacques d
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
              With all due respect for Deb and David, my needs as a runner are better met by a quiet, focused pacer, alert to point out footing difficulties (especially at night), spot on navigation alertness, and replenishment reminders.  The last thing I need or want is distraction from the task at hand.
              I myself, as a pacer last year at HR, got distracted by a conversation with my runner and committed the worst sin of a pacer: I missed a turn and led him off course.  The mistake was rectified soon enough to not cause much damage, but I will never forget the horror I felt at my dereliction of duty...
              Hey, we all have different needs and expectations!
              Jean-Jacques, HR 2011 lucky pick.

              ha!  okay, dave, I can't hire you because I'm just a lowly waitlister, but
              now that you have
              auditioned here. I bet you might get some takers!!!

              On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, David Clark <irishsailsman@...>wrote:

              > Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this
              > taste funny to you?"
              >
              > I am better at improv ;-)
              >

              > David Clark
              > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
              > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
              >
              > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
              >
              > www.drivehumanperformance.com
              >
              > -Sent from my iPhone
              >
              > On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
              > > :-)
              > >
              > > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
              > > >

              > > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
              > > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
              > > >
              > > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
              > > > from others (I am married) :-)
              > > >
              > > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra
              > experience.
              > > >
              > > > David Clark
              > > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
              > > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
              > > >
              > > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
              > > >
              > > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
              > > >
              > > > -Sent from my iPhone

            • David Clark
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 15, 2011
                Humor and competence are not mutually exclusive.

                For the record I wasnt planning on actually juggling or sticking my head in a lions mouth during the run, maybe just supplying some distraction if needed.

                I will mark you off my list of potential runners ;-)

                On Feb 15, 2011, at 8:40 PM, Jean-Jacques d <jjda36618@...> wrote:

                > With all due respect for Deb and David, my needs as a runner are better met by a quiet, focused pacer, alert to point out footing difficulties (especially at night), spot on navigation alertness, and replenishment reminders. The last thing I need or want is distraction from the task at hand.
                > I myself, as a pacer last year at HR, got distracted by a conversation with my runner and committed the worst sin of a pacer: I missed a turn and led him off course. The mistake was rectified soon enough to not cause much damage, but I will never forget the horror I felt at my dereliction of duty...
                > Hey, we all have different needs and expectations!
                > Jean-Jacques, HR 2011 lucky pick.

              • lalaith
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 16, 2011
                  Deb I want in on the running for your pacer..
                  I think the other guy has me beat in the joke department but can he:
                  1.  Juggle 3 EFS flasks while running albeit slowly?
                  2.  When chewing gum can he blow a bubble inside a bubble inside a bubble???

                  : )
                  Michelle
                  Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail

                  ha!  okay, dave, I can't hire you because I'm just a lowly waitlister, but
                  now that you have
                  auditioned here. I bet you might get some takers!!!

                  On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM, David Clark <irishsailsman@...>wrote:

                  > Two cannibals eating a clown; one looks to the other and says "does this
                  > taste funny to you?"
                  >
                  > I am better at improv ;-)
                  >

                  > David Clark
                  > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
                  > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
                  >
                  > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
                  >
                  > www.drivehumanperformance.com
                  >
                  > -Sent from my iPhone
                  >
                  > On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Deb's Gmail <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > I'd need more sample of jokes before I would decide.
                  > > :-)
                  > >
                  > > On 2/15/2011 12:05 PM, David Clark wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > I was not lucky enough to get selected into the Hardrock 100- but I
                  > > > would love to offer up my services to someone who needs a pacer!
                  > > >
                  > > > I have the ability to talk for long periods of time with no response
                  > > > from others (I am married) :-)
                  > > >
                  > > > So... let me know if you are in need of a comedian with ultra
                  > experience.
                  > > >
                  > > > David Clark
                  > > > VP of Sales- America's Mattress
                  > > > Run Lead- Lifetime Fitness
                  > > >
                  > > > Speaker, Coach and Business Consultant.
                  > > >
                  > > > www.drivehumanperformance.com
                  > > >
                  > > > -Sent from my iPhone

                • David Clark
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 16, 2011
                    I can juggle FOUR bottles, a spoon and a cat all at once. And I can blow a bubble out of both ends at the same time without removing my shorts. Now THAT'S pacing, my friends.