Re: [hr100] Hardrock - a note concerning the wait list

  • james varner
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2011
      i agree with maurico i think the number of tickets each runner will get in the
      lottery should be published along with their name on the applicants list posted
      on the website prior to the lottery. everyone makes mistakes but there's usually
      ways to minimize the likelihood. and as someone who waited through 7 years of
      applying to the lottery to finally get chosen on super sunday i have wondered in
      the past if i had been granted the right number tickets but i never had a way to

      that said i do believe the hardrock inner circle aka board/staff does a great
      job handling a tough situation (high demand for a very limited number of
      entries) and i trust that they try to be fair and accurate in all that they do.

      thanks everyone and i'm so very excited to finally run this race, my favorite
      race ever, with knowing from from day one that i'm in(the only two times i've
      ran the race i got in off the waitlist--once the day before and they other time
      about three weeks before).

      james "7th time is the charm" varner
      Rainshadow Running 2011 Race Schedule

      Feb 5 Orcas Island 50k/25k Eastsound, WA (SOLD OUT)
      Mar 12 Gorge Waterfalls 50k Cascade Locks, OR
      Apr 3 Yakima Skyline Rim 50k/25k Ellensburg, WA
      May 22 Sun Mountain 50m/50k/25k/1k Winthrop, WA
      Jun 12 Beacon Rock 50k/25k N. Bonneville, WA
      Jun 25 Cle Elum Ridge 50k/25k Cle Elum, WA
      Aug 13 Angels Staircase 50m/50k/25k Carlton, WA
      Sept 18 North Cascades PCT 100k/50k Mazama, WA
      Sept 25 Winthrop Road Marathon Winthrop, WA
      Oct 8 Mt Spokane 50k/25k Spokane, WA
      Nov 26 Christmas at the End of the Road 5k/1k Winthrop, WA
      Dec 10 Deception Pass 50k/25k Oak Harbor, WA