Re: [hr100] News on next weeks lottery drawing

  • Garett Graubins
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2011
      Hi Jon -
      Did you mean to attach it ... or is it top secret? :)   I would love to see it.
      Hope to see you in Silverton in July.
      - Garett

      Garett Graubins // 303-728-4387

      "The best way out is always through."

      - Robert Frost

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2011
        Garett,

        I did attach but for some reason it doesn't show up on hr100@.... I
        was supposed to send it to Dale but made a big mistake. I apologize for
        doing it and if it doesn't get selected for the finishers print, I will feel
        more foolish than I already do. But even if it doesn't get selected I think
        I can arrange for you to see it and I think you will like it.

        Jon

        On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Garett Graubins <graubins@...> wrote:

        > Hi Jon -
        > Did you mean to attach it ... or is it top secret? :) I would love to see
        > it.
        > Hope to see you in Silverton in July.
        > - Garett
        >
        > Garett Graubins // 303-728-4387
        >
        > "The best way out is always through."
        >
        > - Robert Frost
        >
        > --- On Mon, 1/31/11, Jon MacManus <jonsart1@...<jonsart1%40gmail.com>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > From: Jon MacManus <jonsart1@... <jonsart1%40gmail.com>>
        > Subject: Re: [hr100] News on next weeks lottery drawing
        > To: hr100@yahoogroups.com <hr100%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Date: Monday, January 31, 2011, 6:45 PM
        >
        > Attached is my submission for the 2011 Hardrock Hundred finishers print. I
        > know it�s the same as last years but it is specific to Hardrock so I have
        > no
        > place else to put it. This is the creek crossing at the bottom of Arastra
        > Gulch.
        >
        > Here is a proposal to go along with the submission. A giclee, signed and
        > numbered print on a high end vanilla colored archival printmaking paper
        > with
        > torn edges mounted on a piece of brown foam core board enclosed in a clear
        > plastic resealable envelope.
        >
        > Along with this would be included a handsome certificate which will be
        > filled out prior to the final ceremony with the finishers name, time and
        > place which will correspond to the print received. This certificate may be
        > given out in addition to the print or fastened to the back of the foam core
        > the print is mounted on and sealed in the clear plastic envelope.
        >
        > Some benefits to doing it in this fashion are: the print is an actual piece
        > of artwork on very nice archival paper rather than just a poster. It would
        > not be necessary to use tubes which roll the paper, giving it a memory
        > which
        > is hard to remove. The print and certificate are visible yet protected. The
        > print can be very attractively framed with or without the certificate. This
        > unique award presentation would enhance the entire Hardrock experience.
        >
        > I have investigated pricing for this project and estimate the cost of this
        > to be not more than $1,200.00 for 140 prints. My labor to put all these
        > together of course will be free.
        >
        > The use of this print is in no way contingent on the proposal. If you would
        > like to have this printed in the conventional poster format, that can be
        > done as well.
        >
        > Jon MacManus

      • David Goldberg
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
          GO JON--I AM SURE IT IS AWESOME LIKE EVERYTHING YOU PUT A PEN OR BRUSH TO--IT IS TIME FOR YOUR FINE ART WORK TO GRACE THE COFFERS AT HARD ROCK. WE ARE ALL PULLING FOR YOU (and our names in the drawing on Sunday).

          David Goldberg & Michelle Schwartz

        • Jon MacManus
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
            You and 600 other people. Good luck!

            On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 7:36 AM, David Goldberg <beardog1960@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > would
            > > > not be necessary to use tubes which roll the paper, giving it a memory
            > > > which
            > > > is hard to remove. The print and certificate are visible yet protected.
            > The
            > > > print can be very attractively framed with or without the certificate.
            > This
            > > > unique award presentation would enhance the entire Hardrock experience.
            > > >
            > > > I have investigated pricing for this project and estimate the cost of
            > this
            > > > to be not more than $1,200.00 for 140 prints. My labor to put all these
            > > > together of course will be free.
            > > >
            > > > The use of this print is in no way contingent on the proposal. If you
            > would
            > > > like to have this printed in the conventional poster format, that can

          • Deb's Gmail
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
              I agree, go Jon!!