Re: [hr100] News on next weeks lottery drawing

  • Jon MacManus
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2011
      Thanks Deb! Cant wait to see yours. Hope your doing ok after your accident?

      Jon

    • Garett Graubins
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2011
        Hi Jon -
        Did you mean to attach it ... or is it top secret? :)   I would love to see it.
        Hope to see you in Silverton in July.
        - Garett

        Garett Graubins // 303-728-4387

        "The best way out is always through."

        - Robert Frost

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2011
          Garett,

          I did attach but for some reason it doesn't show up on hr100@.... I
          was supposed to send it to Dale but made a big mistake. I apologize for
          doing it and if it doesn't get selected for the finishers print, I will feel
          more foolish than I already do. But even if it doesn't get selected I think
          I can arrange for you to see it and I think you will like it.

          Jon

          On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Garett Graubins <graubins@...> wrote:

          > Hi Jon -
          > Did you mean to attach it ... or is it top secret? :) I would love to see
          > it.
          > Hope to see you in Silverton in July.
          > - Garett
          >
          > Garett Graubins // 303-728-4387
          >
          > "The best way out is always through."
          >
          > - Robert Frost
          >
          > --- On Mon, 1/31/11, Jon MacManus <jonsart1@...<jonsart1%40gmail.com>>
          > wrote:
          >
          > From: Jon MacManus <jonsart1@... <jonsart1%40gmail.com>>
          > Subject: Re: [hr100] News on next weeks lottery drawing
          > To: hr100@yahoogroups.com <hr100%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Date: Monday, January 31, 2011, 6:45 PM
          >
          > Attached is my submission for the 2011 Hardrock Hundred finishers print. I
          > know it�s the same as last years but it is specific to Hardrock so I have
          > no
          > place else to put it. This is the creek crossing at the bottom of Arastra
          > Gulch.
          >
          > Here is a proposal to go along with the submission. A giclee, signed and
          > numbered print on a high end vanilla colored archival printmaking paper
          > with
          > torn edges mounted on a piece of brown foam core board enclosed in a clear
          > plastic resealable envelope.
          >
          > Along with this would be included a handsome certificate which will be
          > filled out prior to the final ceremony with the finishers name, time and
          > place which will correspond to the print received. This certificate may be
          > given out in addition to the print or fastened to the back of the foam core
          > the print is mounted on and sealed in the clear plastic envelope.
          >
          > Some benefits to doing it in this fashion are: the print is an actual piece
          > of artwork on very nice archival paper rather than just a poster. It would
          > not be necessary to use tubes which roll the paper, giving it a memory
          > which
          > is hard to remove. The print and certificate are visible yet protected. The
          > print can be very attractively framed with or without the certificate. This
          > unique award presentation would enhance the entire Hardrock experience.
          >
          > I have investigated pricing for this project and estimate the cost of this
          > to be not more than $1,200.00 for 140 prints. My labor to put all these
          > together of course will be free.
          >
          > The use of this print is in no way contingent on the proposal. If you would
          > like to have this printed in the conventional poster format, that can be
          > done as well.
          >
          > Jon MacManus

        • David Goldberg
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
            GO JON--I AM SURE IT IS AWESOME LIKE EVERYTHING YOU PUT A PEN OR BRUSH TO--IT IS TIME FOR YOUR FINE ART WORK TO GRACE THE COFFERS AT HARD ROCK. WE ARE ALL PULLING FOR YOU (and our names in the drawing on Sunday).

            David Goldberg & Michelle Schwartz

          • Jon MacManus
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
              You and 600 other people. Good luck!

              On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 7:36 AM, David Goldberg <beardog1960@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > would
              > > > not be necessary to use tubes which roll the paper, giving it a memory
              > > > which
              > > > is hard to remove. The print and certificate are visible yet protected.
              > The
              > > > print can be very attractively framed with or without the certificate.
              > This
              > > > unique award presentation would enhance the entire Hardrock experience.
              > > >
              > > > I have investigated pricing for this project and estimate the cost of
              > this
              > > > to be not more than $1,200.00 for 140 prints. My labor to put all these
              > > > together of course will be free.
              > > >
              > > > The use of this print is in no way contingent on the proposal. If you
              > would
              > > > like to have this printed in the conventional poster format, that can

            • Deb's Gmail
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
                I agree, go Jon!!