Re: [hr100] News on next weeks lottery drawing

  • Pat Homelvig
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2011
      Hi John,

      Make sure you send this w/ attachment directly to Dale, as the list typically strips off attachments.

      Pat Homelvig
      pat@...
      303-906-6104

      On Jan 31, 2011, at 6:45 PM, Jon MacManus wrote:

      > Attached is my submission for the 2011 Hardrock Hundred finishers print. I
      > know it‚s the same as last years but it is specific to Hardrock so I have no
      > place else to put it. This is the creek crossing at the bottom of Arastra
      > Gulch.
      >

      > Here is a proposal to go along with the submission. A giclee, signed and
      > numbered print on a high end vanilla colored archival printmaking paper with
      > torn edges mounted on a piece of brown foam core board enclosed in a clear
      > plastic resealable envelope.
      >

      > Along with this would be included a handsome certificate which will be
      > filled out prior to the final ceremony with the finishers name, time and
      > place which will correspond to the print received. This certificate may be
      > given out in addition to the print or fastened to the back of the foam core
      > the print is mounted on and sealed in the clear plastic envelope.
      >

      > Some benefits to doing it in this fashion are: the print is an actual piece
      > of artwork on very nice archival paper rather than just a poster. It would
      > not be necessary to use tubes which roll the paper, giving it a memory which
      > is hard to remove. The print and certificate are visible yet protected. The
      > print can be very attractively framed with or without the certificate. This
      > unique award presentation would enhance the entire Hardrock experience.
      >

      > I have investigated pricing for this project and estimate the cost of this
      > to be not more than $1,200.00 for 140 prints. My labor to put all these
      > together of course will be free.
      >

      > The use of this print is in no way contingent on the proposal. If you would
      > like to have this printed in the conventional poster format, that can be
      > done as well.
      >

      > Jon MacManus

    • Deb's Gmail
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2011
        Good luck, Jon!!! Can't wait to see it!

        On 1/31/2011 6:45 PM, Jon MacManus wrote:
        > Attached is my submission for the 2011 Hardrock Hundred finishers print. I
        > know it’s the same as last years but it is specific to Hardrock so I have no
        > place else to put it. This is the creek crossing at the bottom of Arastra
        > Gulch.
        >

        > Here is a proposal to go along with the submission. A giclee, signed and
        > numbered print on a high end vanilla colored archival printmaking paper with
        > torn edges mounted on a piece of brown foam core board enclosed in a clear
        > plastic resealable envelope.
        >

        > Along with this would be included a handsome certificate which will be
        > filled out prior to the final ceremony with the finishers name, time and
        > place which will correspond to the print received. This certificate may be
        > given out in addition to the print or fastened to the back of the foam core
        > the print is mounted on and sealed in the clear plastic envelope.
        >

        > Some benefits to doing it in this fashion are: the print is an actual piece
        > of artwork on very nice archival paper rather than just a poster. It would
        > not be necessary to use tubes which roll the paper, giving it a memory which
        > is hard to remove. The print and certificate are visible yet protected. The
        > print can be very attractively framed with or without the certificate. This
        > unique award presentation would enhance the entire Hardrock experience.
        >

        > I have investigated pricing for this project and estimate the cost of this
        > to be not more than $1,200.00 for 140 prints. My labor to put all these
        > together of course will be free.
        >

        > The use of this print is in no way contingent on the proposal. If you would
        > like to have this printed in the conventional poster format, that can be
        > done as well.
        >

        > Jon MacManus

      • Jon MacManus
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2011
          Thanks Deb! Cant wait to see yours. Hope your doing ok after your accident?

          Jon

        • Garett Graubins
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2011
            Hi Jon -
            Did you mean to attach it ... or is it top secret? :)   I would love to see it.
            Hope to see you in Silverton in July.
            - Garett

            Garett Graubins // 303-728-4387

            "The best way out is always through."

            - Robert Frost

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2011
              Garett,

              I did attach but for some reason it doesn't show up on hr100@.... I
              was supposed to send it to Dale but made a big mistake. I apologize for
              doing it and if it doesn't get selected for the finishers print, I will feel
              more foolish than I already do. But even if it doesn't get selected I think
              I can arrange for you to see it and I think you will like it.

              Jon

              On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Garett Graubins <graubins@...> wrote:

              > Hi Jon -
              > Did you mean to attach it ... or is it top secret? :) I would love to see
              > it.
              > Hope to see you in Silverton in July.
              > - Garett
              >
              > Garett Graubins // 303-728-4387
              >
              > "The best way out is always through."
              >
              > - Robert Frost
              >
              > --- On Mon, 1/31/11, Jon MacManus <jonsart1@...<jonsart1%40gmail.com>>
              > wrote:
              >
              > From: Jon MacManus <jonsart1@... <jonsart1%40gmail.com>>
              > Subject: Re: [hr100] News on next weeks lottery drawing
              > To: hr100@yahoogroups.com <hr100%40yahoogroups.com>
              > Date: Monday, January 31, 2011, 6:45 PM
              >
              > Attached is my submission for the 2011 Hardrock Hundred finishers print. I
              > know it�s the same as last years but it is specific to Hardrock so I have
              > no
              > place else to put it. This is the creek crossing at the bottom of Arastra
              > Gulch.
              >
              > Here is a proposal to go along with the submission. A giclee, signed and
              > numbered print on a high end vanilla colored archival printmaking paper
              > with
              > torn edges mounted on a piece of brown foam core board enclosed in a clear
              > plastic resealable envelope.
              >
              > Along with this would be included a handsome certificate which will be
              > filled out prior to the final ceremony with the finishers name, time and
              > place which will correspond to the print received. This certificate may be
              > given out in addition to the print or fastened to the back of the foam core
              > the print is mounted on and sealed in the clear plastic envelope.
              >
              > Some benefits to doing it in this fashion are: the print is an actual piece
              > of artwork on very nice archival paper rather than just a poster. It would
              > not be necessary to use tubes which roll the paper, giving it a memory
              > which
              > is hard to remove. The print and certificate are visible yet protected. The
              > print can be very attractively framed with or without the certificate. This
              > unique award presentation would enhance the entire Hardrock experience.
              >
              > I have investigated pricing for this project and estimate the cost of this
              > to be not more than $1,200.00 for 140 prints. My labor to put all these
              > together of course will be free.
              >
              > The use of this print is in no way contingent on the proposal. If you would
              > like to have this printed in the conventional poster format, that can be
              > done as well.
              >
              > Jon MacManus

            • David Goldberg
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
                GO JON--I AM SURE IT IS AWESOME LIKE EVERYTHING YOU PUT A PEN OR BRUSH TO--IT IS TIME FOR YOUR FINE ART WORK TO GRACE THE COFFERS AT HARD ROCK. WE ARE ALL PULLING FOR YOU (and our names in the drawing on Sunday).

                David Goldberg & Michelle Schwartz

              • Jon MacManus
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
                  You and 600 other people. Good luck!

                  On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 7:36 AM, David Goldberg <beardog1960@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > would
                  > > > not be necessary to use tubes which roll the paper, giving it a memory
                  > > > which
                  > > > is hard to remove. The print and certificate are visible yet protected.
                  > The
                  > > > print can be very attractively framed with or without the certificate.
                  > This
                  > > > unique award presentation would enhance the entire Hardrock experience.
                  > > >
                  > > > I have investigated pricing for this project and estimate the cost of
                  > this
                  > > > to be not more than $1,200.00 for 140 prints. My labor to put all these
                  > > > together of course will be free.
                  > > >
                  > > > The use of this print is in no way contingent on the proposal. If you
                  > would
                  > > > like to have this printed in the conventional poster format, that can

                • Deb's Gmail
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011
                    I agree, go Jon!!