THE MOST INTERESTING MAN/WOMAN IN THE WORLD (issue 35)

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2011
      [Happy Positivity/Happiness Wednesday, everyone! Today we wish to continue
      with the "better-half/worse-half" thread that was started on behalf of
      running couples, each "half" of which is now, or was once, totally AWESOME.
      Approximately one month ago, we gave "the treatment" to Deb Pero. Today we
      want to do the same for her "worser half" Steve (known to me as El Stevo ;)
      who is also quite able to tell much more about himself right here:
      http://perogoats.blogspot.com/
      The sweet story of their matrimony (complete with mountaintop ceremony) can
      be found there.
      And here's a tad more:
      http://www.runningahead.com/logs/d970d4b94fc64ece8da1b676a54ca4b3/profile
      Thus, what a fitting TMIMITW El Stevo turns out to be!]

      He's the "Hardrock Hard-Luck King of the Hill." No matter how many times
      he's "gotten it wrong" (i.e., what to eat) and ended up hurling his insides
      out and DNF'ing the Run, he's always "been there" for his bride, who now
      probably has a dozen finishes to his, what, one?

      That's understated. He's also laid considerable claim to fame with these
      accomplishments: a Fun Run finish at The Barkley (first time out!),
      numerous sub-24-hour 100-mile finishes, many times "placing" at shorter
      local races, and more than one sub-3-hour marathon.

      Once, in 1969, he even beat NASA to the moon.

      When Perpetuem, or Ensure, or Gerber's Baby Food is looking for a
      field-tester, they all ring his phone.

      Not quite like the Davy Crockett of "Remember The Alamo" fame--but still
      close in age--he proposed on a mountaintop, got married on a mountaintop,
      and THEN went to Tennessee.

      Currently he has a homestead, remember, in "Los Alamos."

      His other claim to fame is moving constantly across country. All the way
      across--from New England to New Mexico--and back, and forth, and back again,
      AND able to collect meaningful employment at both places as easily as some
      men collect stamps.

      He accomplishes all these cross-country moves by packing everything he owns
      in the back seat of a Volkswagen Jetta. That warehouse full of trophies
      he's won has long since been donated to charity.

      A taller, fitter, more slender man the ladies will never ever find. And,
      after having not been able to not witness him in a locker room, this
      narrator can attest that every lady on Planet Earth truly ought to be
      insanely jealous of Deb's "reward."

      He is The Most Interesting Man In The World.

      "I don't always bathe in thermal hot springs at 7,870 feet; but when I do, I
      prefer a good colorfast Speedo. Stay 'hot,' my friends."

      ( 00 )

      See (and hear) some originals:

      http://dosequis.com/

      Also here:

      http://www.eatmedaily.com/2009/06/dos-equis-ad-campaign-the-most-interesting
      -man-in-the-world-video
      [if this link is broken, as it seemingly always is, you can copy-and-paste
      it all into your browser]

      My mark:

      XX
      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...
      ["that 800-year-old currently frozen solid lute plucker from France"]

      Yankee Folly of the Day:
      According to his blog, Steve runs to work (in NH) every day--even during
      blizzards, Nor'Easters, and "The Weather Bomb"--but it's apparently only
      about three-and-a-half miles one way. That's one way. The other way is to
      stay home today! New England's now getting more snow than Chi-Town *ever*
      got!!
    • lalaith_2000@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2011
        True that!! The Peros...none finer...

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2011
          Thanks, Rich....I am humbled. Thanks also to all of you for your comments...

          An update, I officially move to New Mexico tomorrow afternoon as I start the
          drive out yet again in my "Golf"! ;-) So I will finally be back with Deb
          after we being apart since June, with an occasional conjugal visit...

          As Akabill says....Life is good and getting better all the time!

          Steve Pero
          Jemez Springs, NM, a suburb of Los Alamos ;-)
          Moving from 350 feet to 8200 feet! Not much running in my immediate future
          ;-)

        • Jean-Jacques d
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2011
            Couldn't have found a more suitable couple to focus on!
            (No need to acknowledge...~J-J)