OMG, NO!!! [RE: North Carolina Fat Ass 50k (Moved) (due to a death)]

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2011
      This...

      ...just crushes. AGAIN.

      First: Skopie (Jim Skophammer) and Aaron Goldman
      Then: Alyssa Skye
      And THEN: Jürgen Ankenbrand
      And NOW: (my absolute WORST primal fear ever) A RUNNER BEING SHOT AND
      KILLED by some (pardon the emotion, I'm only opinionating here) toadal
      dipwad drunken assh*le MF'n HUNTER!!!!

      Second Amendment...right to bear arms? B*llsh*t!! ...it's time for another
      Constitutional Convention.
      [When the Bill of Rights was adopted in, like, 18th century America,
      citizens really and truly needed guns...to survive! Today, all THAT has
      changed. Guns are now only needed by our police and military--PERIOD. Guns
      are no longer needed on the streets, in the 'hood, or in the woods. (I'd
      suggest bow-and-arrow hunting ONLY.) When WILL this country arise and
      actually meet the challenges of the times? When WILL we all finally join
      the 21st century? Excuse the rant, but I am just pissed.]

      *We* are the running herd, and *they* are just killing us.

      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...

      PS: Some years ago, when I used to run the HUFF 50K in Indiana--the trail
      really does go through woods which, along one stretch, actually borders a
      shooting range--I, and another runner with me, were very nearly shot
      ourselves by at least one or two stray bullets that cut through trees and
      leaves not 10 feet above our heads!!!! I hollered out my feeble "protest"
      and then later complained to the Race Director--and I'm not sure if he
      thought I was joking--but the race, as far as I know, still continues past
      that damned free-for-all shooting gallery to this very day. How long do you
      suppose it will be before one of "us" gets (accidentally, of course)
      murdered during THAT event?

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2011

      • juliewestland@juno.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2011
          Unbelievable! I'll withhold comment until I learn more about it, but a
          number of us also had concerns during the Wasatch 100 one year when
          several hunters were shooting very close to the running trail. We called
          out to them to let them know there were a lot of runners on the trail
          that morning but they just yelled back at us -- no doubt unhappy that we
          were invading "their" territory. It was a really unpleasant situation in
          an otherwise beautiful run.

          Refinance Rates at 2.8%
          $160,000 Mortgage $434/mo. No Hidden Fees- 3.1% APR! Get a Free Quote
          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4d20a934ce399f893st02duc