Golden Gate Dirty Thirty

  • Megan Finnesy
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2010
      Merry Christmas Trail Runners!

      I just wanted to give you a heads up . . . Registration opens for the Golden
      Gate Dirty Thirty on Jan. 8th at 12:00 am.  This years race is on Saturday June
      4th and is limited to 300 racers.  150 for the 50K, 100 for the 12 mile and 50
      for the 7 mile.  Last years race filled in 3 months . . . I have been getting
      lots of inquires and I am pretty sure it will fill up quicker this year.  This
      is a great training race for Hardrock, Leadville, Cascade Crest, Wasatch . . .
      Check out the website for all the details:  www.goldengatedirtythirty.org and
      the video featuring the event:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22dU-XsRFio

      If you love meandering single track through pine forests, aspen groves, grassy
      meadows, and rocky ridges with 180 degree views of the Continental Divide you
      will love this race. The Dirty Thirty is a race you don't want to miss!  The
      Dirty Thirty Features:

      * 95% Single track trails
      * All 3 races are single loop courses
      * Professional Chip Timing
      * $1600 in Cash Prizes
      * Post Race Meal
      * EXPO
      * 7 Piece Marimba Band
      * 9000 ft of climbing in the 50K
      * 3500 ft of climbing in the 12 Mile
      * 1500 ft of climbing in the 7 mile
      * 7500 ft to 9500 ft in elevation
      * 50% of proceeds go to the Colorado Mountain Club's Youth Education Progam
      * Mens and Women's specific tech tees
      Hope to see you out there!
      Happy Trials,

      Megan Finnesy, RD