THE MOST INTERESTING MAN/WOMAN IN THE WORLD (issue 32)

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2010
      [Happiness Wednesday to y'all! It's fairly positive, too. Pretty frigid in
      Chi-Town, but the sun's shining! We might all be strapped and
      flat-on-our-backs, but some of us are pretending to sunbathe. :) Also,
      didn't mean to scare any/everyone last week by alluding to Deb Pero and her
      almost-ALMOST-demise. She was in a bad truck accident (her truck) and
      rolled that sucker a zillion times at 70 mph. But she's well out of the
      hospital by now, and on her way to full recovery. And she's happy! She
      reported off-line that every single chunk of that truck was crushed EXCEPT
      where she (and her cute little pooch) were sitting. "If you saw pictures of
      the truck," she wrote, "you would know that God had His hand on me." Yes,
      ma'am! And so YOU are today's TMIWITW!!

      [Here, btw, is what y'all need to know about Deb Pero:
      http://debpero.com/
      Click and I promise: your eyes will bug out. She not only runs like a
      goddess, but she's also as talented as any visionary on Mount Olympus ever
      was. Anyone shopping for a last-minute Christmas gift? There ya go!]

      She is The Queen of the Demolition Derby. She's never been beaten.
      Whenever she enters, everyone else just concedes and goes home.

      Her monster truck's wheels alone are the altitude of Silverton.

      She is known far and wide as the Beach Boy's inspiration for "The Little Old
      Lady from Pasadena."

      And, yes, she is a "granny" but you would be extremely hard pressed to
      comprehend that visually.

      Whenever the Ford Modeling Agency is desperate for a "most glamorous" shoot,
      they beg for her services.

      Her athletic prowess knows no equal. As an example, the speaker of this
      very commercial series--besides the narrator for "Frontline"--has been
      beaten by her in every single race.

      Once even her husband conceded, and gave her his own bib number at the last
      possible minute so she could come off the "wait list" and do the race
      instead. But it is also well known that he just loves to *watch* her run.
      He is one of countless thousands who share the same vision.

      She is very at ease at an easel. Her paintings are featured in all the
      major art museums of the world. When the Sistine Chapel needed a touch-up,
      the Pope called her.

      But she has so far, unfortunately, declined a commission to paint The
      Barkley Marathons' headquarters campsite as a "Twilight Zone" apparition of
      the Civil War, even turning down so much as a genuine 10-dollar Confederate
      bill to do it.

      It is said she paints in her pajamas, completing the outfit with pink bunny
      slippers. But the pajamas are magic, the slippers speedy, and every
      masterpiece is finished before her daily 30-mile run.

      She is The Most Interesting Woman In The World.

      "I don't always roll my own trucks; but when I do, I prefer never to light
      them up. Stay healthy, my friends."

      ( 00 )

      See (and hear) some originals:

      http://dosequis.com/

      Also here:

      http://www.eatmedaily.com/2009/06/dos-equis-ad-campaign-the-most-interesting
      -man-in-the-world-video
      [if this link is broken, as it seemingly always is, you can copy-and-paste
      it all into your browser]

      And look at THESE!

      http://purplejesus.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/dosequisman.jpg
      http://www.acrosstheyears.com/cgi-bin/closeup.cgi?rid=198

      Should Don Winkley be next?

      My mark:

      XX
      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...
      ["that 800-year-old totally unplugged lute plucker from France"]

      Yankee not-so-Folly of the Day:
      I knew Deb when her last name also had four letters, but then Steve offered
      at the TOP of Virginius Pass (13,000+ feet) to change just two of them, and
      the rest, as they say, is history.