[hr100] Help! Photo Credit Needed!

  • Rich Limacher
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2000
      Greetings Friends!

      As you may or may not know/be aware/remember, I have an
      article coming out in the May/June issue of MARATHON &
      BEYOND, based, uh, on my first attempt at this
      *unbelievable* race last summer. And I know the article is
      going to be published because I've just received page proofs
      of how it's going to appear in the magazine.

      (Now's your chance to subscribe!)

      Anyway, I would like to give credit where credit's due,
      especially regarding all the photographs. And M&B has
      already laid out a photo of "yours truly" that I never
      took--and neither do I know who did take it! All I know is
      that some kind soul connected with the race sent it to me as
      a courtesy and I turned around and submitted it (with other
      photos I did take) along with my article. Well, son of a
      gun, they're gonna use it! And now I'd like to be sure
      whoever took the pic gets the credit for it.

      I'm sure somebody out there in cyberspace MUST know who this
      photographer is, am I right?

      Here are the circumstances: The picture was taken AFTER I
      had summitted Grant-Swamp Pass and was headed down toward
      the Chapman Gulch aid station. There were TWO people (a man
      and a woman, I believe) standing well before I reached the
      "woods" and well in front of "the coffee can on the fence
      post" at which point we runners were supposed to turn (and
      go into the woods). I believe it was the man who held the
      camera and took my picture. Surely there are others on this
      eGroups listserv who also had their pictures taken.

      So, please tell me (somebody! quick!): what is the
      photographer's name?

      He deserves a photo credit in the magazine, don't you think?

      I only have a very little time in which to change/correct
      these page proofs and return them, so please, if you can
      help me here, get back to me on-or-offlist just as soon as
      possible. Okay?

      Many thanks!

      Hope to see all of you out there this summer as well. And
      THIS TIME I'm gonna make it to the finish line!!!

      Your intrepid reporter,

      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...