THE MOST INTERESTING MAN/WOMAN IN THE WORLD (issue 31)

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2010
      [Happy Positivity Wednesday, y'all! Last week, Frozen Ed Furtaw himself
      took the time to respond off-list and say thanks, and he also wondered if my
      "treatment" had ever been applied to his, my, and our hero: Lazarus Lake.
      Well, the answer is yes. I used his real name (which I'm sure threw darn
      near everybody off :) and the issue in question happened right after my
      computer had crashed and gotten fixed, and I didn't know what number--so I
      called it "The Most Interesting Man in the World, part unknown" which, as I
      found out later, corresponded to issue number 9.

      [And now today, in view of his recent posts so well received by the
      Ultralist, I so wanted to honor Dan Baglione, but--oops! I already did!!
      Dbag's TMIM/WITW number is 17. So, ta hek widdit. Why in the H, E,
      double-L doan eye jus doo Christian Griffith. Surf's up! Me warna smarm ya
      bleedin' readin' wid whey kewl writin' stuff. Or not. Check his act here:
      http://run100miles.com/; http://freebairn.com/.
      http://searchdudes.com/; http://www.facebook.com/christiang.%5d

      He is the man in a hurry, and yet he has time to dispense his pith with
      everybody. No one within his short time so far upon the planet has
      attempted more, accomplished more, or been finished faster.

      He is a tungsten steel twin-pistoned juggernaut, powered by real steam.

      CrossFit? He is fit enough to sign the cross; and ultrarunning is something
      he does for leisure ALL evening, after running a dozen miles to and from
      work each day.

      His yearly racing schedule reads like the Farmer's Almanac, or a Martha
      Stewart cookbook.

      He has invented more businesses--and more words--than all less sharp
      executives more than twice his age have done throughout their lifetimes.

      It is said he wears his emotions on his Moeben sleeves.

      Even though he was born several years afterwards, he was still the
      inspiration for Warren Zevon's most popular tune: "Excitable Boy."

      He is a subscriber to every listserv--both online and off, both within the
      Internet and beyond it--and contributes wisdom to every one, every hour,
      every day, every week, every month, and every year.

      People waiting with bated breath for every one of his emotionally-charged
      and excitedly-anticipated listserv messages often go years without closing
      their mouths.

      Almost--but not quite--impossibly, he actually finished during his very
      first time "out there" one full loop of Barkley.

      He is The Most Interesting Man In The World.

      "Wow. I'm all emo. I don't always rap. Ever thot ever thunkt. But, laik,
      win I do, I prada-fur 50 cents. Stay e-commercing, my friends."

      ( 00 )

      See (and hear) some originals:

      http://dosequis.com/

      Also here:

      http://www.eatmedaily.com/2009/06/doe-equis-ad-campaign-the-most-interesting
      -man-in-the-world-video

      My mark:

      XX
      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...
      ["that 800-year-old totally square-and-unhip unplugged lute plucker from
      France"]

      Yankee Folly of the Day:
      When I was the age of Christian, I was a drunken soapbox-expounding
      Greenwich Village heathen.
    • The Troubadour