  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10 1:06 PM
      [Greetings, calendarians, it's Positivity Wednesday; and, continuing right
      along with paying tribute to folks I don't know but whose exploits we can
      all pretty much admire, I'd like to do this today for Geoff Roes, whose
      "blog" has recently garnered some accolades via posts to this List, and
      elsewhere. Here, you can check it for yourselves:

      Whenever he's asked for his permanent home address, he honestly doesn't know
      what to say. So basically, he just writes: Earth.

      He has run practically all of it: every land mass having more than 26.2
      continuous miles on the planet. And he almost always does it faster than

      He wins 9-out-of-10 footraces he enters, and yet keeps a very low profile.
      He doles out the highest praises for others in the race, and gives no
      indication at all that he's just whooped their asses.

      He sometimes refers to himself as a "freak of nature," which is a term most
      other folks use to describe magnificent mountains, gigantic popular trees,
      beautiful double rainbows, or winning the Powerball lottery.

      It's been said that originally he hailed from the same state as Sarah Palin,
      and that also explains why he left.

      In a matter of a very few years, he has captured the first-place prize of
      nearly every major endurance footrace that gives one. And now Las Vegas has
      given odds that, before another year-and-a-half is out, he'll have won them
      all. Twice.

      His training log reads like a college calculus text. He basically
      solves--every day--such problems as: "if a mountain is fourteen thousand
      feet and you start at zero with just two at 6:00 AM, can a human being run
      all the way up and down before breakfast?" and "if it takes just over two
      hours to run a marathon, can a human quadruple the distance in twice the
      time and still overtake the train that left Denver at midnight, hop aboard,
      and have breakfast before Albuquerque in the dining car?"

      In his spare time, he solves such other blogsite problems as: "You have a
      red jar of cedar chips. Why do moths miss the forest?" To which he
      responds, "You return the jar to the store, exchange it for a moonshine jug,
      fill it with tie-dye and old T-shirts, and watch the moths go to work.
      They'll think they're "happening" in a woods full of The Grateful Dead.

      He is The Most Interesting Man in the World.

      "I don't always blog profound philosophical questions; but when I do, you
      need to be running to answer them. Stay training, my friends."

      ( 00 )

      See (and hear) some originals:

      Also here:

      My mark:

      Rich Limacher
      ["your fiendly neighborly 800-year-old lute plucker from France"--site of
      the one race Geoff didn't win, probably because it was stopped]

      Yankee Folly of the Day:
      Mark Twain wasn't very fond of the French either.